Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ and CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

US Bank Cash+ and CLI

Received statement today and on page 2 it said "Congratulations, you may qualify for a CLI, call us."

I called and submitted CLI which went to review... how long does it take and why if they are offering it, don't they have it pre-loaded into the account to give it instant... I use to LOVE usbank and the fabulous customer service and sp cli every 6 months but I just find them stone age now... not only did it take 20 minutes to reach someone but then it not be instant is just annoying... to top it off I asked for lower APR from our current 22.24% and was offer 19.99% for 6 months only... catch up US BANK!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ and CLI

what's the rush. it'll be okay. not sure why every post you have contains an issue with someone?
Message 2 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Received statement today and on page 2 it said "Congratulations, you may qualify for a CLI, call us."

I called and submitted CLI which went to review... how long does it take and why if they are offering it, don't they have it pre-loaded into the account to give it instant... I use to LOVE usbank and the fabulous customer service and sp cli every 6 months but I just find them stone age now... not only did it take 20 minutes to reach someone but then it not be instant is just annoying... to top it off I asked for lower APR from our current 22.24% and was offer 19.99% for 6 months only... catch up US BANK!

US Bank doesn't offer permanent APR  reductions, only temporary. It's not a matter of catching up, since several other lenders don't offer permanent APR reductions either -- Chase, Capital One, etc. Some just don't do it, regardless of how long you've held an account.

As far as the CLI, I don't think it's stone age. They manually review basically everything. New apps and CLI. Just how they work. Be patient!

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
what's the rush. it'll be okay. not sure why every post you have contains an issue with someone?

My question/ My point is... you sent me the offer... even if that was computer generated why wouldn't the computer be able to finish it off or why wouldn't it go to final review between the time the computer generates it to the time the statement arrives to me to call in? it just seems like a time consuming (time is money in business and in life) process for both the bank to handle another phone call (which they are clearly failing at with a 20 minute hold time), send a request off to someone to manually approve.

it's just not a process I am use to anymore with any of my creditors... and I have a lot! so I dont' think I'm out of line to think US Bank is out of touch compared to other creditors these days.

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

US Bank doesn't offer permanent APR  reductions, only temporary. It's not a matter of catching up, since several other lenders don't offer permanent APR reductions either -- Chase, Capital One, etc. Some just don't do it, regardless of how long you've held an account.

As far as the CLI, I don't think it's stone age. They manually review basically everything. New apps and CLI. Just how they work. Be patient!

okay... You are right on the APR.

I don't mind waiting for a CLI when I request it out of thin air... but they sent the offer to me! seems like it should have been "manual reviewed" at that point already! that's all!

My starbucks reload will continue to go through CLI or not Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My question/ My point is... you sent me the offer... even if that was computer generated why wouldn't the computer be able to finish it off or why wouldn't it go to final review between the time the computer generates it to the time the statement arrives to me to call in? it just seems like a time consuming (time is money in business and in life) process for both the bank to handle another phone call (which they are clearly failing at with a 20 minute hold time), send a request off to someone to manually approve.

it's just not a process I am use to anymore with any of my creditors... and I have a lot! so I dont' think I'm out of line to think US Bank is out of touch compared to other creditors these days.

i can see your point. it could be a reason to get you on the phone or anything else. realistically why send the offer if an instant decision can't be made. agreed. i guess it's like when you get a call and answer and your hear hold music lol. but idk maybe they wanted to talk to you first? 

Message 6 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

What was the timing of your auto CLI? I've been getting them at about 9-10 months on new accounts, but now that my total CL with them are at $40,500, I don't really expect to see any more.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I believe the account is 9 months old actually
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.