Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ and Citi DC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ and Citi DC

So, I was recently approved for these two cards, at 5,000 and 1,500 respectively, and was curious on how they were with CLI's down the road? I believe I read that Citi offers a soft pull cli every 6 months (via luv button), but haven't heard/read much about US Bank CLI policies? Do they only CLI with HPs? Or if they do SP CLI, what is their required time frame between CLI? For future reference.

Thanks guys (and gals)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ and Citi DC

Congratulations on your double approval!

You may request CLI with Citi once every 6 months, but look for the SP language in your account first (i.e., language that says... a credit report will not be pulled). All 3 of my Citi cards seem to continuously have SP language lately, even between CLI's, but others have reported having the language change from SP to HP so be sure to view the verbiage carefully.

I cannot speak for US Bank as I do not have a card with them. Perhaps others can be of help. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

my Cash+ was originally a 1000 CL Cash Rewards, got a 1500 HP CLI after a year, and now coming up on 2 years it has not budged.

I have no use for such a tiny CL card, so it sits in the sock drawer while I have much better cards with 10-21k limits.

Message 3 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats Austin can you share some data pts with us plz
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like Citi pulled Experian and Equifax, while US Bank pulled TU.

At the time of application, my reported utilization was ~4%, scores were EQ-739, Exp-774, TU-768 (these are the Fico08 scores), annual income at ~$27,500. AAoA was at roughly 23months.

If I left anything else out, let me know and I'll see if I know where/how to obtain it (or I may have just straight-up forgotten something as well)

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your two approvals. As mentioned, Citi may grow with you with SP clis, but I've noticed much movement from other posters about US Bank.
Not sure what Citi gave you for an APR, but I just recently got my card and have had two APR reductions in two days when asking through chat
Message 6 of 9
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

USBank will allow the consumer to request a CLI every 6 months, and in some cases offers automatic updates/ SP offers. For me, it was 9 months after opening the card. All other increases have been from asking which resulted in a HP, or folding in another card before closing it.

Message 7 of 9
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Have both cards, 2 years now.

City-DC started as $14,000 and US-Bank $5,000

At about 1-year both gave me an CLI, with out asking.

Citi went to 16,000 and US-Bank 7,500.

I don't use the "Love Buttons", if my CL is reasonable.

As many have said the US-Bank is used my most users for the 5% Catagory's so

spend is not as large as a general spend or travel card.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schwartzinator wrote:
USBank will allow the consumer to request a CLI every 6 months, and in some cases offers automatic updates/ SP offers. For me, it was 9 months after opening the card. All other increases have been from asking which resulted in a HP, or folding in another card before closing it.

I asked about this in January and they said they don't allow that - but I could close the donor card and immediately apply for an equal CLI on the keeper card.

I closed a 5k Korean Air card and had them submit the CLI request for the Cash+ over the phone at the same time. CLI denied due to too much new credit.

*facepalm*

oh yeah, and a month later they gave me a 7.5k small business card.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.