Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ app

tag
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

US Bank Cash+ app

Hi guys, I started a thread a few days ago asking about which card to apply for, and got some good advice. I applied for the US Bank Cash+ card Sunday night and just called to check on the status...

Here's my info (from my old thread):

I PIF every month, no baddies.

Current cards:

Citi Forward - 5500 limit - opened 7/09

BofA - 1700 limit - opened 7/07 (first card I opened when I turned 18, it's in the sockdrawer now)

Macy's Store Card - 100 limit - opened 6/08 (haven't used since I opened it but it reports every month)

I also have one paid off student loan and one active one (~$5000), if that's relevant. 

FICO EQ: 759 (5/2/11)

FAKO: (all past few days)

CK: 755

CS: 773

Quizzle: 734

And the result ... 

Approved for Cash+ for 11k!!! Smiley Very Happy

I'm really shocked! It's my highest limit by far. I was nervous that I would get the cash rewards instead of cash+ card. I won't fully believe it until I get it the mail. Smiley Happy The guy said it's going out in the mail today. 

Oh, I just realized I forgot to ask about my score. Will I receive that in the mail too?

Thanks for all your help! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ app

Congrats!!! What APR did you get? I will apply for the Cash+ very soon.
Message 2 of 21
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Wow!  Congrats!  That's a nice CL. 

Message 3 of 21
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! You will get your score in the mail, in a separate letter. However, I think they are only required to send it out if you do not get approved for their best terms/interest rate.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 21
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Wow, congrats!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 21
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

Thank you! I didn't ask about APR. I'll post an update when I get the card. Smiley Happy

ETA: Does anyone know this? For the hotel and flight categories, the website says that they're only counted if you book with that hotel/airline directly. But what if you book through a third party agency but the charge on the card is the hotel/airline itself (e.g. United or whatever). Would that be included in the rewards? Or does it depend?

So excited to get my card!

Message 6 of 21
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

SWEET!!!!!  YAY!  Congrats!.    I'm excited for you!  I'm thinking on this card myself!  Super Job!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 7 of 21
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's a nice CL, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 21
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats awesome news way to go! Happy Holidays!

Message 9 of 21
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:

Thank you! I didn't ask about APR. I'll post an update when I get the card. Smiley Happy

ETA: Does anyone know this? For the hotel and flight categories, the website says that they're only counted if you book with that hotel/airline directly. But what if you book through a third party agency but the charge on the card is the hotel/airline itself (e.g. United or whatever). Would that be included in the rewards? Or does it depend?

So excited to get my card!

I would guess it depends only on the MCC returned with the transaction (so 4511 for airlines, and looks like each major hotel chain has its own)

So if somehow that gets passed from the agency, you would be OK, but if it says say 4722 (Travel Agencies) you don't get the 5%.  Unfortunately, I would guess you get the agency code, unless somehow they get the airline to bill you and then the airlines pay the agency a commission.

Normally the advice for this sort of thing ("Does store X count as a Y?") is "Make a small purchase and see", because often the staff won't be able to tell you.  For airline tickets, not so easy to do a small trial purchase! 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.