cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + available to open via phone?

tag
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash + available to open via phone?

On the website, it says at the branch only.

1. Is it not possible to do it over the phone since there is no branch near me?

If not then,

2. If I were to go to Vegas or somewhere on vacation and open up the card at a branch, can I later on open a second one over the phone since I'm already a member?

I saw someone on there that had 2 US Bank Cash + cards and I seem to remember that he opened his second one over the phone..

Thanks.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + available to open via phone?

The two cards were obtained by PCing other cards.   Not sure anyone here has successfully applied for two Cash Plus cards directly.

Message 2 of 7
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

The two cards were obtained by PCing other cards.   Not sure anyone here has successfully applied for two Cash Plus cards directly.

I see. Thanks.

Well, to tell you the truth, I actually was in Vegas this past weekend and did apply for the Cash+ card in branch but got the Cash rewards card instead. Now that I'm a member of the US Bank, is it possible to apply for the Cash + card later again over the phone or will I have to go to Vegas again? lol

If PCing two cards is the only route, I'd like to take it..

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 3 of 7
resilient
Established Contributor

I applied over the phone for my card. I already had a Cash Rewards card from a previous Cash + application, and was unable to PC. I do not live in a US Bank state. They told me I could apply over the phone, which I did. Wasn't approved for a Cash + again, but the underwriter's underwriter put in a request for it to be upgraded to a Cash +. Was approved about three days later.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 4 of 7
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I haven't had any luck applying for a cash+ card over the phone. I was planning on applying in a branch while on vacation over the Thanksgiving holiday since there will be one a few miles from me.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 5 of 7
MrFlower
New Contributor

I  pm the OP of this thread (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-BANK-Cash-app-loophole/td-p/2394995) to see his results and have yet to her back.

It would be interesting if this was a loophole.

Message 6 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

You can try calling a branch directly. Some branches are willing to help you do the app over the phone.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.