Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ for Amazon...

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ for Amazon...

@ssmith891 wrote:
What does everyone else use for Amazon purchases?

An Amex or Citi card, depending on whether I think purchase or price protection is more important for the item.

I buy some digital content, too, but pay for that with my gift card balance from various promotions, or Freedom/Discover.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 12
digitek
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ for Amazon...

@longtimelurker wrote:

@digitek wrote:

I've got the Chase Amazon Prime Visa, for 5% cash back if you are a prime member.

If I had t do it again, I'd get the Cash+.  More options and don't have to be a prime member.

While there are more options (i.e. non-Amazon bookstores) there are also caps, $2000 spend a quarter shared with your other 5% category.   But if you are under that, and don't need prime, (and don't want two of the other 5% categories!) it is a good choice.

That's a good point to bring up.  I was also a little disappointed that the Chase Amazon Visa didn't have Price Protection (where if you find a cheaper they'll match the price), but it looks like the Cash Plus doesn't have that, either, so no big deal. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.