Established Contributor
shaun2009

US Bank Cash+ question

i wanted to know once that once you have the card and you choose your categories do you have to change the category every month or can you leave it the same month to month.

Current Credit Cards
| Discover IT: $6.5K | PayPal MasterCard: $7.5K | US Bank Platinum: $5K | WalMart Discover: $5K |
| Sam's MasterCard $1.8K | Cap1 QuickSilver: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | US Bank Select $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
CapitalOne QuickSilver, Discover IT, Sam's MasterCard
AmEx EveryDay, Chase Freedom, US Bank Cash+
Last Application: 6/23/2014
Valued Contributor
Crashem

Re: US Bank Cash+ question

Have to choose once a quarter and you can choose a quarter in advance.  If you don't choose, you don't get 5% and 2% credit.  In other words, they don't carry over choices.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Senior Contributor
longtimelurker

Crashem wrote:

Have to choose once a quarter and you can choose a quarter in advance.  If you don't choose, you don't get 5% and 2% credit.  In other words, they don't carry over choices.

And to answer the other part, you can always choose the same categories each quarter if you want (providing the category is still offered!)

Most active cards: Amex BC ($50K), Cap One QS ($33K) Fidelity Amex ($20K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 841 (Jul)
Established Contributor
shaun2009

longtimelurker wrote:

Crashem wrote:

And to answer the other part, you can always choose the same categories each quarter if you want (providing the category is still offered!)

So the categories arent always the same well that sucks...

Current Credit Cards
| Discover IT: $6.5K | PayPal MasterCard: $7.5K | US Bank Platinum: $5K | WalMart Discover: $5K |
| Sam's MasterCard $1.8K | Cap1 QuickSilver: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | US Bank Select $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
Senior Contributor
longtimelurker

shaun2009 wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

Crashem wrote:

They are always the same unless the get nerfed.  So Bill Pay, Home Improvement and Airline went away, but most of them are constant.  It is not Freedom/Discover type revolving of surprise categories.

Most active cards: Amex BC ($50K), Cap One QS ($33K) Fidelity Amex ($20K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 841 (Jul)
Established Contributor
shaun2009

[ Edited ]

longtimelurker wrote:

shaun2009 wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

Crashem wrote:

They are always the same unless the get nerfed.  So Bill Pay, Home Improvement and Airline went away, but most of them are constant.  It is not Freedom/Discover type revolving of surprise categories.

ok cool thanks for clarifying i just knocked my list of cards down to 4 cards for everything i need and that was basically my last card to analyze. Everything else will be sock drawed until i need it.... such as my walmart and my charge cards others will be closed...

Current Credit Cards

Goal Credit Cards
Established Contributor
shaun2009

One more questions what is the AF for Cash+

Current Credit Cards

Goal Credit Cards
Established Contributor
CribDuchess

shaun2009 wrote:

No annual fee for the Cash+ card.  :smileyhappy:

FICOs: TU08 841 6/3/14 per Wally; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 810 6/10/14; EX 805 6/12/14 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $15K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom MC $7.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $15.1K; Discover IT $22.5K; Sallie Mae WMC $12.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $20K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Valued Contributor
FinStar

shaun2009 wrote:

Mine has no annual fee.  I believe that's pretty standard for all Cash+. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+