Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+...should I apply?

tag
ssmith891
New Contributor

US Bank Cash+...should I apply?

Within the past month, I've applied and been approved for the Chase Sapphire Preffered, Chase Freedom, and Discover More. I'm dying to apply for the US Bank Cash+ and then plan on gardening for a very long time. Do you guys think I'll get approved? Also, I don't have to have a checking/savings with US Bank do I? 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
HiLine
Blogger

Re: US Bank Cash+...should I apply?

What is your current FICO score and how many hard inquiries do you have? What does the rest of your credit card portfolio look like?

From your recent success I'd say you'd have a decent chance, but it depends on other factors like those I mentioned.

Message 2 of 40
ssmith891
New Contributor

3-4 hard inquiries I believe and between a 730-740 I think is the score Discover sent me with my card.

Message 3 of 40
GoRavens
Established Member

Umm... you would definitely be approved but it could be for Cash Rewards (only 1% CB) and not Cash+ which is what I'm sure you want.

Message 4 of 40
ssmith891
New Contributor

Yes I want Cash+! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 40
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:

Within the past month, I've applied and been approved for the Chase Sapphire Preffered, Chase Freedom, and Discover More. I'm dying to apply for the US Bank Cash+ and then plan on gardening for a very long time. Do you guys think I'll get approved? Also, I don't have to have a checking/savings with US Bank do I? 

You certainly don't need checking/savings with US Bank to get the card.  

Message 6 of 40
ssmith891
New Contributor

Well that works out great then. I have the Chase Trifecta, AMEX BCE, and Discover More. I'm trying to see how I'll throw the Cash+ in the mix.

Message 7 of 40
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Hi ssmith891,

I've been doing some reading on US Bank, and in addition to pulling your credit report from a CRA they also may check with an agency called Advanced Resolution Services, which is (from my admittedly limited understanding) an agency that tracks the total aggregate number of Visa/Mastercard applications you have had in the past year.  Some people have received denial letters from US Bank actually referencing this agency.  I don't believe it tracks Discover or Amex applications, but who knows what the magic number is to be denied for "too many applications?"

It's interesting to know that they don't entirely use their HP to make their determination decision.

Good luck - keep us posted on what you decide to do/the outcome.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 8 of 40
firesoul453
Contributor

Make sure you have enough income. They seem to want a pretty decent amount.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also interested in this card. I understand that they are inquiry sensitive and I have 7 EXP inquires which is the CRA they seem to pull in my state. I also understand that they rarely grant instant approvals online for this card. Additional thoughts and experience in apping for this card would be appreciated.
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.