Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+... too soon?

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+... too soon?

@axledobe wrote:

I called and spoke to 4 different departments to see if they could locate this preapproved offer.  They told me I already have an application in process.  WHAT?  Just wow.  I have not applied for the card in any way shape or form.  When I call the app status line, it says it's in process.  I was finally able to reach a gentleman in Underwriting who told me the app was set aside due to being incomplete and no hard pull was done (thank goodness).  I guess the girl that called me several times went ahead and pushed an incomplete application anyway although I told her numerous times I did not want a hard pull.  Further, the UWer told me they have a SP credit score of 724 on file (must be old) and that if I would have accepted the offer by phone, they could have issued the card based off of that score without a hard pull.  Yes, that's what they told me.  Not sure I believe that but he seemed knowledgable.   

I don't trust the bankers on the phone so I just filled out the preapproval form and faxed it in.  I suppose we'll see what happens.  I have no idea how I'll know if I'm approved or the credit line.  I guess I'll just have to hope the card shows up.  I'll keep everyone in the loop on what happens. 

The card will show up online but it wont show CL.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.