Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash +

tag
dabossman
Contributor

US Bank Cash +

This card has always been on my radar and one I've always dreamt of having in my Wallet. Rumor has it they pull TU, does anyone think I have a chance to be approved? do you think it would be better if I went into branch and applied and said that I will be switching to them for my primary bank?  My income is low, only 20k cuz I'm a Student, and i'll be taking out 56k in student loans this year for graduate school to start getting my doctorate. So I need to know now if I have a chance to qualify because once I take on this debt I won't my DTI will be crap, and I'm sure my score will drop, my newest account (Second BBR) hasn't reported yet so my AAoA is still 1 year and 11 months. Scores in Sig, should I go for it?

Also I get a free checking account if I have a CC from US bank, thats why I want to switch to them for my primary bank. I don't want any fees

Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash +

I can't see your dog on mobile but they do manual review and it's fico 04 for them. I think with student loans and 20k income it might be too low. Hopefully others chime.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 28
dabossman
Contributor

well loans won't hit till later this year, like I don't start graduate school till august

Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 3 of 28
onstar
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
I can't see your dog on mobile but they do manual review and it's fico 04 for them. I think with student loans and 20k income it might be too low. Hopefully others chime.

What dog???

LOL. I love auto correct (sig-->dog).

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 4 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@onstar wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

What dog???

LOL. I love auto correct (sig-->dog).

Well, still correct if, as I assume, Skye12329 couldn't see the OPs dog on mobile (or probably even on computer)!

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like your situation is similar but not completely the same as mine. They seem to value income and debt very much.

I applied for Cash+. My TU was 709 I believe at the time. I'm in my last semester of grad school with $80k in loans. $43k in income. I was intially declined and told over the phone that my debt to income ratio was way too high. After asking for a recon I was approved for the Cash rewards Visa for $1,500.

Plan is to call every month until I can get it PCed to Cash+. Should go easier once I get a better job.

Message 6 of 28
noobody
Established Contributor

Is that mean you are going to ask HP CLI every month, until it reach 5K, then PC?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled experian for me. In st. Louis area.
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
Is that mean you are going to ask HP CLI every month, until it reach 5K, then PC?

On second thought, I may have to wait. Maybe 3 or 6 months before asking for a CLI and then PC. Is it confirmed impossible to PC without a 5,000 CL?

Message 9 of 28
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@dabossman wrote:

Rumor has it they pull TU

Check out the Credit Pulls Database (Google it).  I don't recall off the top of my head what they pulled for me.

EDIT: Looks like it was TU.

@dabossman wrote:

do you think it would be better if I went into branch and applied and said that I will be switching to them for my primary bank?

Doesn't really matter as going into the branch doesn't improve your credit.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.