US Bank Eager Mailers

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Eager Mailers

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks man.

And lol^ I doubt it was a cash plus if azguy said the rewards were horrible

Rewards are a shell of what they use to be..  They are the best for "nitch" categories.  Hence the nickname nerf+.  Still a decent nitch card for certain cats.

Message 11 of 16
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks man.

Rewards are a shell of what they use to be..  They are the best for "nitch" categories.  Hence the nickname nerf+.  Still a decent nitch card for certain cats.

In your opinion, when was the "golden years" of CC rewards?

Message 12 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks man.

In your opinion, when was the "golden years" of CC rewards?

When the Cash+ was pre-nerf, Citi Forward and the list continues.. When bonuses were better such as CSP 100k offer (never to return)... Just these type of things.  Agree/Disagree?  Just my opinion/take.  I got to the game a bit to late though,  still try to make  the best of it though

Around 2011-2013 I would assume would be the better years, but as stated sure alot of great mistakes have been made by CC issuer's way before this and will continue to be made in the future.  Didn't get  into the CC game until 2014 so not an expert of all the great things of CC's had to offer.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

WELL SON OF A NITCH

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree wholely, cc.

But the primary reason why I personally want is it that it is the only card people can still apply for and get 5% for Amazon purchases. (Not including store card of course, which requires prime anyways) It's also good for my age set because of the fast food category.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Uhh I forgot to add in my post that it was pre approved at lowest apr and the first sentence was "because of your excellent credit...."

You got that with a charge off....?

Constant Invitiations to Apply for the Cash.  Which is what I had. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.