Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Flex Perks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Flex Perks

A few questions about this;

I received mail offer for this card. I was thinking top apply since I have 4 CC with 18000 debt Smiley Sad ( and i lover that from 24 000 just three months ago). My ba is transfer some money from other bad cards, and increase my debt to ratio in positive way

My scores are EX 692, TU 671, EQ 672 .

No late and bads on history ( besides my bad CC debt)

Questions are:

1. If I apply and I am not happy with Credit limit. and refused card, is that going to show on my record

2. Any idea what CC limit can be?

Thanks everybody. I appreciate your answers a lot Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Flex Perks

I also got the offer in the mail and went for it. Approved for $7500 CL, they pulled TU for me. When I app'd I only had a $99 balance on my AMEX Zync, all other cards were PIF, so my utilization was 0.

If you app and refuse, the account will most likely still show up on your CR's. For me, the acct showed on TU and EQ before I even got the card.

But they seem pretty good about giving good CL's. 

EDIT: Also, when I app'd, I got the 7-10 day message, so don't get discouraged if you get it. I was sure I was denied, but it was definitely good news. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 7
JMN
Frequent Contributor

To be honest, I'd be wary about applying. Your scores barely meet the requirement for a bank-branded credit card from U.S. Bank. Also, what are your total credit limits in comparison to what you owe? If your debt-to-credit is above 50%, that'd be another issue, since that's one thing that's strongly weighted.

As for a credit limit... I was approved for $23,000 on my U.S. Bank FlexPerks SelectRewards Visa card. That's not common, however.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 3 of 7
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I just received the same offer, applied and approved for 12K. They pulled TU and my score was 749 (yes, pulled from here Smiley Tongue) at the time of app.

In regards to your questions, yes, if you apply, the inquiry show. The application process actually gives you an opportunity to accept or decline the offer so if you don't like what they are giving you, you can decline and perhaps you'll only be charged with the inquiry. In terms of limits, everyone is different.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all who reply. So as I guess, it is a gambling. I may just wait little more. My CC debt is 89% Smiley Sad ; even though good on my report can be that  i repay two personal loans from US Bank ( one in 2006/2007 for 3000$; and the other 2008/2010 for 13 000$) 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thinking what will happen with my score. My guess as the Score amateur as I am is Score will go down ( since new inquiry) and score will go up ( since your debt to credit ratio will be better) 

Message 6 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking what will happen with my score. My guess as the Score amateur as I am is Score will go down ( since new inquiry) and score will go up ( since your debt to credit ratio will be better) 

new acct. score dings:

1.  inq.

2.  decrease in AAoA

If you can get UTI down PSECU may be a good place to app instead if looking for:  high CL, leniency, and free monthly EX. 

US Bank is way too consevative to waste an INQ when UTI is high IME.

Generally speaking wanna have <30% UTI reporting upon any new app., of course what a lender finds acceptable can vary widely...  two examples of lenders shown to be less worried by high UTI in certain instances:  Nationwide, PSECU.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.