Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

tag
durham
Established Member

US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

Anyone have luck in converting FlexPerks to Cash+ CC? I used to have Northwest credit card but after the merger, they converted this card to FlexPerks. I asked for PC but they said I can't. Anyone successful PC these cards?
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

I can't answer your question about FlexPerks to Cash+ but I just went the other way from Cash+ to FlexPerks last month, it only took a couple of minutes.

Message 2 of 30
durham
Established Member

What do you like about the FlexPerks?  I just didn't want to pay the $49/year for sitting in my socks drawer.

Message 3 of 30
solstice00
Regular Contributor

And besides the reward points is horrible woth flexperks. 

(Also now you can apply for the cash+ via phone to your local branch. I don;'t know if that works if only they know you or something like that but saves a lot of trouble)

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 4 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

I had called last month requesting a PC from my Flexperks to the Cash+, but was denied.  I speculate the reason being twofold:  (1) the account was opened during the Olympics Medal sign up bonus; (2) the account has been open for less than 12 months.

I'm assuming if they allowed the PC, then instead of app'ing for the Cash+, everyone would apply for the Flexperk bonus then PC into the Cash+ later.

Message 5 of 30
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think the flexperks is superior to the cash+.

Flexpoints can be used at up to 2 cents each towards travel. This is a great value for domestic travel. Each reward redemption gives you a $25 incidental credit.

So, with a checking package you are earning around 3% on non bonus spending and 5-7% on bonus categories.

Af is waived with $2k monthly spend.

I haven't seen a better travel rewards card for domestic redemption's.

I have been offered a PC from flexperks to cash+, I declined because the flexperks is better.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Flexpoints can be used at up to 2 cents each towards travel. This is a great value for domestic travel. Each reward redemption gives you a $25 incidental credit.

So, with a checking package you are earning around 3% on non bonus spending and 5-7% on bonus categories.

I have been offered a PC from flexperks to cash+, I declined because the flexperks is better.

its two different cards with two very different purposes though.

the cash+ u can get >5% cashback too if you have a checking and all that. if you're redeeming for >$100 cashback, you get $25 extra too, so that's essentially 25% extra cashback w/o even factoring the checking account in yet. if you made purchases on 5% categories only, thats 6.25%, and you can even make it higher if you have a checking account.

all for zero AF, and no cap. of course, it was better when it allowed u to pay bills w/ it. 

that being said, the flexperks is a good card as well of course.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 30
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

its two different cards with two very different purposes though.

the cash+ u can get >5% cashback too if you have a checking and all that. if you're redeeming for >$100 cashback, you get $25 extra too, so that's essentially 25% extra cashback w/o even factoring the checking account in yet. if you made purchases on 5% categories only, thats 6.25%, and you can even make it higher if you have a checking account.

all for zero AF, and no cap. of course, it was better when it allowed u to pay bills w/ it. 

that being said, the flexperks is a good card as well of course.

For sure good card to have, but so is the flexperks. I just PC'd my other US Bank card to Cash+, so now I have both. 

Don't they have cap's now?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 30
durham
Established Member

From what I've been reading, perhaps US Bank is doing PC on a case by case basis.  They would do it for some people but not others.  Since I already have other point rewards credit cards I have not been using this card in the past few months.  I just did not want to pay the AF for sitting in my sock drawers.  I would use it again if they convert it to Cash+ visa signature.  Do you guys think opening a US Bank checking/saving account at the local branch might help the chance of converting it? 

Also, does anyone know if US Bank will do a hard pull on CR for opening a checking/saving account with them?

Message 9 of 30
JCubed

US Bank does not do a hard pull to open checking and savings accounts. If you do open one and get a pre-APPROVED offer it is based on a soft pull as well (if it is a pre-QUALIFIED offer a hard pull will be done.) Having the accounts do have some impact on approval of credit products though the relationship score isn't estabilshed until after the first 120 days.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.