Reply
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa


durham wrote:
So I called the branch today they told me to apply for the Cash+ card because they cannot PC to this card. I said no thanks.

It must be done through card services.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Regular Contributor
solstice00
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-09-2013
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

solstice00

 

How was the online application process for the Cash+?

Re:

 

Also:

"(Now whoever said that you need a credit limit of at least $5000 to PC into the signature is incorrect. Mine only had 300 as a limit and she completed the PC process(with a new account number)"

 

You must have a $5,000 limit to PC to either the Cash+ or Travel Signature. The only process for a PC on an account with a limit as low as that is to CLI via HP. Then go through the PC process. The same rep will handle both steps, but you have to be talking to somebody higher than an entry level rep. A supervisor or manager can get in touch with underwriting via internal email to take care of it.

 


How was the online application process for the cash+?

second post

I don't understand. What are you trying to prove?

 

secondly, I agree with the fact the Travel rewards and Cash+ are signature cards. I also know that my current college credit card is 300 and IT WAS PC'ed  to the travel Rewards. I am not mistaken as you probably think . Now whether my limit will change when the new account number shows or not, that I do not  know. I surely hope so. But the CR said to separately ask for a cli once the new account shows. He also said the credit limit will remain same.

 



"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

What is your AF on the new account?

 

Did you get the 17,500 point bonus for the PC?

 

So, the rep said you can have a NPSL card with a reported limit of $300?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Regular Contributor
solstice00
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-09-2013
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

Annual fee I shall be paying : I don't know. I haven't got any of those documents yet.

Bonus points: No. I didn't get the bonus points. She said I have to apply for the new card to get the bonus points which I didn't. But CR's generally make mistakes so I have to wait and see what I shall be getting.

 

Yes I have called twice and checked that I am indeed getting the Flexperks travel rewards. And yes my limit is indeed $300. My account number hasn't changed yet.

When it does and whether the limit will change accordingly I will update here.I highly doubt that will but I hope so. That gives me a signature card with a 300 limit which is weird so that eats into my doubts.

 

 



"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa


solstice00 wrote:

Annual fee I shall be paying : I don't know. I haven't got any of those documents yet.

Bonus points: No. I didn't get the bonus points. She said I have to apply for the new card to get the bonus points which I didn't. But CR's generally make mistakes so I have to wait and see what I shall be getting.

 

Yes I have called twice and checked that I am indeed getting the Flexperks travel rewards. And yes my limit is indeed $300. My account number hasn't changed yet.

When it does and whether the limit will change accordingly I will update here.I highly doubt that will but I hope so. That gives me a signature card with a 300 limit which is weird so that eats into my doubts.

 

 


The process is to change the limit to $5,000 or higher, then PC. It is not PC then change limit. Are you talking with entry level reps, or waiting on hold for supervisors/managers?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Regular Contributor
solstice00
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-09-2013
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

[ Edited ]

I talked to an account specialist the first time and a CR the second.

(I talked to a  CR again(like right now thanks to all  your poking ! lol ) and she said they might increase the limit because it has a higher minimum but the request has definitely gone through and I will receive it within the next 7-10 busines days)



"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
New Contributor
rustystick
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa


solstice00 wrote:

I talked to an account specialist the first time and a CR the second.

(I talked to a  CR again(like right now thanks to all  your poking ! lol ) and she said they might increase the limit because it has a higher minimum but the request has definitely gone through and I will receive it within the next 7-10 busines days)


if that's the case i might call and ask for product change then...

 

don't want to apply for another card yet since i just got recently rejected from barclay's sallie may card -____-

 

travel rewards does seem pretty awesome if i can get the 3500 bonus spending 24k a year...

 

keep us posted :smileyhappy:

CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Regular Contributor
solstice00
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-09-2013
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

I think that is a good idea. And specially if you bank with them.

I mentioned to the first account specialist when I wanted to upgrade.

It seems that even then your CR has to apply for the upgrade. Then it goes to an underwriter/supervisor for review.

The reason is because I received a voicemail( I wish I picked up the phone to ask about the credit limit!) today saying my upgrade has been approved and the new card will be issued on Monday( now I think this was done by a supervisor because the underwriter team do not come on weekends as told by the CR). 

And my account still shows the old credit card limit (300) and the old account number.

So this probably means they approved me for a higher limit and then the product change at the same time( or the other most unlikely thing has happened which is i have a visa signature with a $300 limit! )

I think if you have the card with them for some time, then go for the product change and see what happens before asking for the credit limit increase. Its like a 'better way to ask for a higher credit limit without  using the actual words'.

There is no hardpull so it doesn't hurt.

 

This is a tried and tested method for me. I had the Discover More with a meager $500 limit for the past year and a half. Changed it to Disocver IT and then asked for a credit limit increase. Got 3000 with no hard pull.

 



"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
New Contributor
rustystick
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

[ Edited ]

solstice00 wrote:

I think that is a good idea. And specially if you bank with them.

I mentioned to the first account specialist when I wanted to upgrade.

It seems that even then your CR has to apply for the upgrade. Then it goes to an underwriter/supervisor for review.

The reason is because I received a voicemail( I wish I picked up the phone to ask about the credit limit!) today saying my upgrade has been approved and the new card will be issued on Monday( now I think this was done by a supervisor because the underwriter team do not come on weekends as told by the CR). 

And my account still shows the old credit card limit (300) and the old account number.

So this probably means they approved me for a higher limit and then the product change at the same time( or the other most unlikely thing has happened which is i have a visa signature with a $300 limit! )

I think if you have the card with them for some time, then go for the product change and see what happens before asking for the credit limit increase. Its like a 'better way to ask for a higher credit limit without  using the actual words'.

There is no hardpull so it doesn't hurt.

 

This is a tried and tested method for me. I had the Discover More with a meager $500 limit for the past year and a half. Changed it to Disocver IT and then asked for a credit limit increase. Got 3000 with no hard pull.

 


unfortunately i don't bank with them... (have chase college checking and boa checking) 

 

i called them at the 6mo mark asking to do a pc to a cash+ card (as it was the card i applied for and approved for the 1% card instead) and they told me to call at the 1 yr mark...

 

i might as well wait 2 more mo. at this point.. which # did you call though? might save it for later

 

 

P.S. visa siggy w/ 300 limit seems more awesome though (more of a unicorn thing).. since it's practically a charge card lawl...

CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Regular Contributor
solstice00
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎03-09-2013
0

Re: US Bank PC FlexPerks to Cash+ Visa

The 6 month mark is the minimum.

I call the debit card number and ask for an account specalist after reading . 50% of the times  he takes care of my request there and then. Thats what happened during my PC. The other times  he transfers me cardmember services who then transfers me to a supervisor if necessary.

If I were you, I would just call cardmember services and say that I am looking to get a new card.I saw that USBANK offers the Cash+/Travel Rewards and realized that it would be better if upgrade mycard for the rewards than apply for a new card with either USBANK or with another card company.

 

 



"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+