Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank PC

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank PC

How bad do you want or need a second Cash+ card? I'm kind of confused because in your original post you said the cash and points cards are useless for you now.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't sweat it.  I would never have realize that was an option had you not said anything.  Since it's a HP, I'll just go with the CLI.

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, so I have an update.

I called the backdoor number, and it looks like I can't do anything without a hard pull.  The underwriter I spoke with was confident that if I could get my limit above $5k, the Cash+ PC would open up.  However, the only way we could do that was:

• Apply for a CLI - hard pull
  • Reallocate credit between cards - hard pull (this surprised me, but she was insistant that it was a hard and not a soft pull)
  • Just apply for the Cash+ outright (which would be my 4th US Bank card) - hard pull

Anyone have any thoughts?  Or am I stuck with the HP here?

Sorry to hear. I only spoke of what I heard, and not out of experience. Smiley Sad

In this case, I would wait a few months, 3 to 5, for a PC to the Cash+.

Message 12 of 24
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Sorry if this was already covered but USbank are sticklers on combining limits in my experience, however once you hit that plateau of 5k you should be able to PC right into an additional Cash+ card...  They are also offering a 12 or 15 month no intro apr on new accounts currently and a kickback of 100 for 500 spend in the first 3 months.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
How bad do you want or need a second Cash+ card? I'm kind of confused because in your original post you said the cash and points cards are useless for you now.

It's not so much that I want or need a second Cash+ card, but it's that my US Bank Cash Rewards (which is different than Cash+) and Points Rewards are my oldest TLs, and they have terrible rewards, so I never use them.

If I could at least PC my Cash Rewards to a Cash+, then I'd have a useful card, and I wouldn't be at risk of a surprise account closure of my oldest TL because of inactivity.  I know the canonical solution of just putting a bill on the card or whatnot, but I'd rather get a card that gives me useful rewards (like two more 5% categories) that will be useful to me.

Message 14 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, understandable. How much spend have you put through this card? I was able to get auto CLI with monthly usage, letting it post then PIF. Otherwise I'd probably eliminate the option of applying for a new card since you already have 4 with them. Just my $0.02
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Ok, understandable. How much spend have you put through this card? I was able to get auto CLI with monthly usage, letting it post then PIF. Otherwise I'd probably eliminate the option of applying for a new card since you already have 4 with them. Just my $0.02

I've spent a total of $50 on this card in the last 5 years, so I'm not counting on any auto-CLIs anytime soon Smiley Tongue

I'm definitely not going to apply for a new account.  Three is one too many already, not to mention the AAoA hit.

Message 16 of 24
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

B335is-

When you say letting it post, do you mean post that amount post to your credit report, or post to your US Bank statement? Two different things with US Bank (as you know). Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, I should say letting it "report". Poor choice of words on my part.
Message 18 of 24
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Sorry, I should say letting it "report". Poor choice of words on my part.

Got it.  Thx! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update:

I applied for a CLI for my Cash Rewards card (my olded TL), and was declined.  I called the backdoor number, the CSR said the decline was because because my total exposure at US Bank was too high, and my credit history was too thin to increase my total CL any more.  She was able to use the same HP to shift $4k from my Cash+ to my Cash Rewards.  She said it will take 3-days to show up.  We talked briefly about PC to Cash+, but she said the CLI would have to show up before she could do the PC.

Theoretically, once the CLI shows up on the Cash Rewards, I should be able to finally do my PC to Cash+.  What a journey!

In the end, I think I'll only do the PC on the Cash Rewards, and not the Points Rewards (Flexpoints Select, or whatever US Bank calls it) card.  That way, even if the Points Rewards card is closed, it won't significantly impact my credit score, since my oldest TL will still be active.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.