Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Perks+ Visa Card

tag
RavenTKR
Established Member

US Bank Perks+ Visa Card

Has anyone heard of this card yet? It comes in a Platinum or a Visa Signature version.

I got a call from US Bank and they wanted me to apply for it. I was told that if you apply for the Visa Signature and are denied, you are approved for a Perks+ Platinum card instead.

I think it is relatively new card.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mtv2117

Re: US Bank Perks+ Visa Card

Just got this card late last month. I have the siggy version with 17k cl. But my cousin has the plat version with 9k cl.
Message 2 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

What are the details please...Flex Perks with extra benefits?  Or a similar to Cash+? 

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

What are the details please...Flex Perks with extra benefits?  Or a similar to Cash+? 

Some folks might like it (different strokes for different folks I suppose), but it's *meh* ofr me... LOL.  Kind of a hybrid or watered-down version of the Cash+.  Comes with EMV chip though.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/perks-plus-visa-card.html

Get 10,000 Bonus Points when you spend $500 during the first 90-days after opening your account2 – that's $100 in rewards!

Rewards

You choose the rewards that are right for you:

• Travel Awards start at 25,000 points for one airline ticket (up to a $400 ticket value) on over 150 airlines with no blackout dates.
  • Gift Cards – Redeem points for gift cards for top retailers.
  • Merchandise Rewards – Redeem points for your choice of hundreds of items.
  • Statement Credit to Your Account – Select “Cash Back” at the Rewards Center.
Message 4 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks Fin....nothing compared to Cash+ Smiley Sad  and I already had hopes they came up with a card that is available nationwide on the level of Cash+ which allowed to apply online -  Cash+ or nothing for me...LOL

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

Thanks Fin....nothing compared to Cash+ Smiley Sad  and I already had hopes they came up with a card that is available nationwide on the level of Cash+ which allowed to apply online -  Cash+ or nothing for me...LOL

I know right?  Compared to what your have or would expect with Cash+, not worth it IMO.  Now, there's the Cash+ (which I know you have on your wish list) and then US Bank will also be issuing an AMEX version (of some sort - details TBD) come Fall 2014.  So, there's a couple options on the horizon Smiley Wink

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=117565&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1878636&highlight=

Message 6 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I know right?  Compared to what your have or would expect with Cash+, not worth it IMO.  Now, there's the Cash+ (which I know you have on your wish list) and then US Bank will also be issuing an AMEX version (of some sort - details TBD) come Fall 2014.  So, there's a couple options on the horizon Smiley Wink

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=117565&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1878636&highlight=

Waiting for the details on their Amex but doubt it can beat their Cash+...... its is good I am forced to garden so I can see what comes out in fall 2014 Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Waiting for the details on their Amex but doubt it can beat their Cash+...... its is good I am forced to garden so I can see what comes out in fall 2014 Smiley Happy

Well, it's too early to tell but if US Bank wants to revamp and attract a new market segment I guess we'll just have to see!  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.