Reply
Established Member
RavenTKR
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎12-21-2013
0

US Bank Perks+ Visa Card

Has anyone heard of this card yet? It comes in a Platinum or a Visa Signature version.

I got a call from US Bank and they wanted me to apply for it. I was told that if you apply for the Visa Signature and are denied, you are approved for a Perks+ Platinum card instead.

I think it is relatively new card.

 

 

Member
mtv2117
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎12-09-2013
0

Re: US Bank Perks+ Visa Card

Just got this card late last month. I have the siggy version with 17k cl. But my cousin has the plat version with 9k cl.
Valued Contributor
lg8302ch
Posts: 2,621
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: US Bank Perks+ Visa Card

What are the details please...Flex Perks with extra benefits?  Or a similar to Cash+? 

FICO® EQ 784 (as of today) - TU 771 (07/25) * Fako EX 799 (07/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7


Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Bronze Spade Garden Club member *
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,156
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: US Bank Perks+ Visa Card


lg8302ch wrote:

What are the details please...Flex Perks with extra benefits?  Or a similar to Cash+? 


Some folks might like it (different strokes for different folks I suppose), but it's *meh* ofr me... LOL.  Kind of a hybrid or watered-down version of the Cash+.  Comes with EMV chip though.

 

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/perks-plus-visa-card.html

 

Get 10,000 Bonus Points when you spend $500 during the first 90-days after opening your account2 – that's $100 in rewards!

 

Rewards

You choose the rewards that are right for you:

  • Travel Awards start at 25,000 points for one airline ticket (up to a $400 ticket value) on over 150 airlines with no blackout dates.
  • Gift Cards – Redeem points for gift cards for top retailers.
  • Merchandise Rewards – Redeem points for your choice of hundreds of items.
  • Statement Credit to Your Account – Select “Cash Back” at the Rewards Center.
Valued Contributor
lg8302ch
Posts: 2,621
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: US Bank Perks+ Visa Card

Thanks Fin....nothing compared to Cash+ :smileysad:  and I already had hopes they came up with a card that is available nationwide on the level of Cash+ which allowed to apply online -  Cash+ or nothing for me...LOL

FICO® EQ 784 (as of today) - TU 771 (07/25) * Fako EX 799 (07/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7


Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Bronze Spade Garden Club member *
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,156
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: US Bank Perks+ Visa Card


lg8302ch wrote:

Thanks Fin....nothing compared to Cash+ :smileysad:  and I already had hopes they came up with a card that is available nationwide on the level of Cash+ which allowed to apply online -  Cash+ or nothing for me...LOL


I know right?  Compared to what your have or would expect with Cash+, not worth it IMO.  Now, there's the Cash+ (which I know you have on your wish list) and then US Bank will also be issuing an AMEX version (of some sort - details TBD) come Fall 2014.  So, there's a couple options on the horizon :smileywink:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=117565&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1878636&highlight=

 

Valued Contributor
lg8302ch
Posts: 2,621
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: US Bank Perks+ Visa Card


FinStar wrote:

lg8302ch wrote:

Thanks Fin....nothing compared to Cash+ :smileysad:  and I already had hopes they came up with a card that is available nationwide on the level of Cash+ which allowed to apply online -  Cash+ or nothing for me...LOL


I know right?  Compared to what your have or would expect with Cash+, not worth it IMO.  Now, there's the Cash+ (which I know you have on your wish list) and then US Bank will also be issuing an AMEX version (of some sort - details TBD) come Fall 2014.  So, there's a couple options on the horizon :smileywink:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=117565&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1878636&highlight=

 


Waiting for the details on their Amex but doubt it can beat their Cash+...... its is good I am forced to garden so I can see what comes out in fall 2014 :smileyhappy:

FICO® EQ 784 (as of today) - TU 771 (07/25) * Fako EX 799 (07/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7


Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Bronze Spade Garden Club member *
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 5,156
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: US Bank Perks+ Visa Card


lg8302ch wrote:

FinStar wrote:

lg8302ch wrote:

Thanks Fin....nothing compared to Cash+ :smileysad:  and I already had hopes they came up with a card that is available nationwide on the level of Cash+ which allowed to apply online -  Cash+ or nothing for me...LOL


I know right?  Compared to what your have or would expect with Cash+, not worth it IMO.  Now, there's the Cash+ (which I know you have on your wish list) and then US Bank will also be issuing an AMEX version (of some sort - details TBD) come Fall 2014.  So, there's a couple options on the horizon :smileywink:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=117565&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1878636&highlight=

 


Waiting for the details on their Amex but doubt it can beat their Cash+...... its is good I am forced to garden so I can see what comes out in fall 2014 :smileyhappy:


Well, it's too early to tell but if US Bank wants to revamp and attract a new market segment I guess we'll just have to see!  :smileywink:


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+