Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Perks + Visa Signature Card question

tag
MannyG
Established Member

US Bank Perks + Visa Signature Card question

I got an offer in the mail as I was preselected on Tuesday 1-21 for a US Bank Flex Perks + Visa Signature card.. I applied online and was approved for a US Bank perks Signiture Card with a 5k limit..

is this the same card? What's the difference between Flex Perks vs Perks ?? Is there a difference..

also I haven't received my card yet, it's been 8 days.. I'm getting nervous that they further reviewed my application and are about to deny me lol.. Usually cards don't take this long by mail, do it?   Thanks..

on a sidenote, that same day I was apprpved for a Barclays MasterCard with a $1500 limit, I received that card 2 days later with express shipping..

I'm impatiently waiting for this new card. Hopefully they don't change their minds

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Perks + Visa Signature Card question

Perks+, Flex Perks, and Cash+ are 3 different US Bank credit cards...

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/compare.html

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Perks+, Flex Perks, and Cash+ are 3 different US Bank credit cards...

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/compare.html

+1... They are 3 dirrerent cards

@ manny ... Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 10
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@MannyG wrote:

I got an offer in the mail as I was preselected on Tuesday 1-21 for a US Bank Flex Perks + Visa Signature card.. I applied online and was approved for a US Bank perks Signiture Card with a 5k limit..

is this the same card? What's the difference between Flex Perks vs Perks ?? Is there a difference..

also I haven't received my card yet, it's been 8 days.. I'm getting nervous that they further reviewed my application and are about to deny me lol.. Usually cards don't take this long by mail, do it?   Thanks..

on a sidenote, that same day I was apprpved for a Barclays MasterCard with a $1500 limit, I received that card 2 days later with express shipping..

I'm impatiently waiting for this new card. Hopefully they don't change their minds

Congrats on the approvals!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

has anyone applied for US BANK Perks+ Visa Signature online and then called to PC to Cash+ Visa Signature ? too bad they dont have any chat services like other banks do like american express and bank america as soon i go on their page someone popsup asking if they can help me and you'll be able to apply over the chat.

Message 7 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

has anyone applied for US BANK Perks+ Visa Signature online and then called to PC to Cash+ Visa Signature ? its just easier for me to do that than having to call and apply.

Apologies to the OP, but the Perks + looks like a pretty useless card, apart from the intro 0% APR (which is hardly unusual) Just 12 months 2x on two categories where it is easy to get that and more permanently.  Did you know the benefits before using the preapproval?

So, smode, suppose you get stuck with this card?   Not worth the HP IMO.  I would call and apply for Cash + and see what happens.   You might get the Cash Rewards, but that really does seem PCable after a few months.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay thank you.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Themanwhocan - hey hey hey ... US Bank approved me for a second US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card with a $10K credit line. Now I have more flexibility on category selection.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.