Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Pre Approval?

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Pre Approval?

I was actually talking to my banker the other day when I walked in to make a deposit, I told him I want a new card from them but I'm holding out, that was 2 days ago, he told me to go see him. I'm thinking of walking in one of these days. I've never applied in branch.. Should be interesting
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I was actually talking to my banker the other day when I walked in to make a deposit, I told him I want a new card from them but I'm holding out, that was 2 days ago, he told me to go see him. I'm thinking of walking in one of these days. I've never applied in branch.. Should be interesting

Agreed. The benefit of walking into a branch is a) they know that cards like platinum visa and perks+ are easier to get approved for then cash+ and the amex cards. They can also call underwriting if it gets auto turndowned by the system and argue your case. Bankers also get credit for it which is cool to give them since they hustle and deserve it. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 15
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I don't think these are pre-approvals........just recommendations

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for as my experience is concerned with US bank, their pre approvals are pretty solid. If they like you as a customer you are treated like king by them!!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to app for their business cad but hate to waste a HP for a sleazy CL. I requested CLI on my existing $500 business card but I doubt they will approve it.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.