Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Pre Approval?

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

US Bank Pre Approval?

I keep checking US Bank pre approval and they keep coming up with Cash+ ?? I have a Personal Buisiness checking with $15,000 in it and a Business checking with them that this year has has $204,000 passed through it. I also have a Secured Card with them since December with a $900 limit? Anyone know if this is solid? I normally check every week and nothing has came up, finally something does!. I tried pre approval with my DW and nothing came up with her 719 Fico
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Pre Approval?

@Creditplz wrote:
I keep checking US Bank pre approval and they keep coming up with Cash+ ?? I have a Personal Buisiness checking with $15,000 in it and a Business checking with them that this year has has $204,000 passed through it. I also have a Secured Card with them since December with a $900 limit? Anyone know if this is solid? I normally check every week and nothing has came up, finally something does!. I tried pre approval with my DW and nothing came up with her 719 Fico

Is she also an existing us bank customer? Is there a reason you have a secured card with them and not unsecured?

Message 2 of 15
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

She is not. And I applied for it when I first started cleaning up my credit. Also I had missed a payment by 60 days from September - November on my Capital One. So I thought this was a start. Now all my debt is paid, and I'm a good customer of theirs! I opened the personal checking the day I opened the Secured card.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have their secured card and one business card and that's what comes up..I havent apply for one yet. Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 12.03.02 AM.png 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have their secured card and one business card and that's what comes up..I havent apply for one yet. Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 12.03.02 AM.png 

You being a good customer makes a difference internally. Those pop up for me too and I have a discharged bk from August 2012. I'm a little skeptical however since you have cards with them I would go for it.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You being a good customer makes a difference internally. Those pop up for me too and I have a discharged bk from August 2012. I'm a little skeptical however since you have cards with them I would go for it.

Thanks I am too tempted to apply. I'll wait a little bit more and pull the trigger on Cash +. 

Message 6 of 15
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

That's exactly what I get on pre approvals! But I also get a few others like The regular cash, Cash+ and Kroger
Message 7 of 15
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I had the same 3 in January... Received an instant approval for $5K on the cash plus visa sig

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jason86423 wrote:

I had the same 3 in January... Received an instant approval for $5K on the cash plus visa sig

Any baddies? What were your fico scores like? I have quite a few inquiries which is my main concern. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go into your branch.  US Bank REFUSES to give me a CLI no matter what I do, but whenever I talk to my banker, I end up with a new, better product.

I started off with them with a Kroger card with $500.  When I was transferred, I went in to see about PCing the Kroger card, as there were no Kroger stores around me.  She got me a Cash Rewards with a $2k limit (highest CL at the time). 

I have tried to hit the luv button a few times, with no luck, but the last time I hit it, I ended up having my banker call me to see if I was interested in a LOC, then a few weeks later offered me a $6k 0% APR Platinum card.

With the business you're giving them (they are my secondary bank, so you have easily 10x the business they get from me), they should be very receptive to making things happen if you actually go into the branch.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.