Did you mean: 

US Bank Prequal pop up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Prequal pop up

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My scores have actually updated since then.

TU: 704
EX: 709
EQ: IDK updated score yet.

Wow you make wayyyyyyy more than me.

Not the 0% apr, but apr after is it a fixed apr after the intro?  Scores are better than in your signature so very well could be solid.  Making alot doesn't mean much in the credit world as people with alot lower income can have alot higher limits if their credit is better than mine.  Aka I am rebuiding and still have baddies on my report that are fairly old.  Clean profile trumps income any day of the weekSmiley Happy

"Clean profile trumps income any day of the week" VERY TRUE Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey credit gurus!!!

I just signed up for a checking account with US Bank and at the end of my application there was a pop up! Smiley Surprised

States I am preapproved for the Cash Bank or Perks+ Visa Platinum. Does anyone have either of these cards? States my starting credit limit would be $6,000. 

Most people prefer the Cash+ card over the Cash back card, or the Perks+, but it would be a foot in the door with US Bank.

US Bank has been rumored to be sensitive to new accounts and inquiries, but stating a specific amount makes it seem that the offer is fairly firm. If you pay in full, then the APR shouldn't matter.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 12 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just signed up for a checking account with US Bank and at the end of my application there was a pop up! Smiley Surprised

States I am preapproved for the Cash Bank or Perks+ Visa Platinum. Does anyone have either of these cards?

Don't just respond to offers or poll others to determine if a card suits you.  Use your needs/wants to select cards that suit you and apply for those cards.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey credit gurus!!!

States I am preapproved for the Cash Bank or Perks+ Visa Platinum. Does anyone have either of these cards? States my starting credit limit would be $6,000. 

Most people prefer the Cash+ card over the Cash back card, or the Perks+, but it would be a foot in the door with US Bank.

US Bank has been rumored to be sensitive to new accounts and inquiries, but stating a specific amount makes it seem that the offer is fairly firm. If you pay in full, then the APR shouldn't matter.

Yes, I have A LOT of new account and inquiries this year from rebuilding but I guess they weren't so sensitive to it. They called me this morning and asked if I wanted to be upgraded to the Gold Checking for free and I can add the savings account as well with no monthly maintenance fee. 

Message 14 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey credit gurus!!!

Yes, I have A LOT of new account and inquiries this year from rebuilding but I guess they weren't so sensitive to it. They called me this morning and asked if I wanted to be upgraded to the Gold Checking for free and I can add the savings account as well with no monthly maintenance fee. 

So I take it you got approved for the card since they offered you gold checking for free?  I didn't see your approval in the approval section or just happened to miss it?

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey credit gurus!!!

So I take it you got approved for the card since they offered you gold checking for free?  I didn't see your approval in the approval section or just happened to miss it?

I forgot to post it lol

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.