Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Prequalification Page

tag
jakeg1086
Valued Member

US Bank Prequalification Page

So i just tried the US Bank Prequal page and got this message...Are these actual pre-approvals? I'm hesitant to apply and add another hard pull. Do they even approve people in the low 600's? I'd LOVE to have the REI Visa. Anyone had any experience with this page? (Sorry for the quality, couldn't do a screen shot)

Your Card Offers

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jakeg1086
Valued Member

Re: US Bank Prequalification Page

Your Card Offers See All Cards Compare These Cards Recommended for You Apply Now U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card •0% introductory APR* on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR applies, currently 9.99% - 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness. • Zero Fraud Liability - No need to worry, you won't be responsible for unauthorized purchases.8 •Free Online Account Access – The easiest way to bank online! • No annual fee Recommended for You Apply Now U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa® Card •0% introductory APR* on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR applies, currently 13.99% - 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness. •$50 cash-back bonus when you make $500 in net purchases within the first 90 days.83 •Earns 1% cash back on all net purchases charged to the account. •There is no limit on how much cash back you can earn Recommended for You Apply Now REI Visa® Card27 •0% introductory APR* on purchases and balance transfers for the first 9 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%, based on your creditworthiness. •$100 REI Gift Card31 •5% back at REI29 •1% back everywhere else Visa is accepted30

Message 2 of 9
jakeg1086
Valued Member

That didn't work very well either. Anyway, if anyone has experience with this page, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USbank use to not give any approvals to under 680... not sure where they stand now.

Message 4 of 9
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

This is 100% not a preapproval.  If you notice, the APR listed gives a range (9% to 22%).  There's also the lack of the opt out prescreen notice which will always be listed on a preapproval if they actually used info in your credit report to make a firm offer of credit.  Generally speaking, the US Bank prequal site is not to be trusted.

As far as the REI card, I'd say if you're 700+, no derogs and no new accounts in the past 3 to 6 months, you may be okay.  Otherwise, I'd steer clear until then.  US Bank is one of the more conservative lenders out there.

Hope this helps. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 5 of 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

what your getting is pretty much just an invitation to apply but not an actual pre-approval. Usually pre-approvals/qualified offers come with the specific terms you will be getting (bonus, APR, etc). I would say what you are getting is just a generic offer based on what kind of card you are interested in. Also, US Bank is still one of the few lenders who pull the FICO 04 model. I was approved for my first US bank credit card with a score of 662. I still had a few baddies. If your score is in the low 600's then i would wait.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 9
jakeg1086
Valued Member

Thanks for all the info! I'll definiteily hold off.

Message 7 of 9
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

USbank use to not give any approvals to under 680... not sure where they stand now.

I believe this is still the case.  When I "graduated" from secured to Platinum, the analyst told me the floor was ~680 and a 'clean' report the last 12 months.  As far as their sig cards, it's much higher (although relationships do seem to matter A LOT with them...I was able to get the Cash+ with ~700 score which is well below what most people have indicated is required).

Message 8 of 9
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I dont get any pre-quals on their site but got an "Invitation" to apply for the 123 rewards Visa card in mail yesterday. I put in the confirmation code today and was instantly approved for $17K so I would not trust their site based on my experience today

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.