Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Pulls?

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

US Bank Pulls?

What CRA does US Bank pull?  What do you all think would be a acceptable FICO to be approved for a CC?  I may be interested in getting one with this bank in the future.

TIA 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Pulls?

They pulled EX for me in SoCal.
Message 2 of 14
aquatic1
Established Contributor

thanks!  I am in NY.  I think I will check whogavemecredit to see if anyone posted for this card.

Message 3 of 14
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

If you apply at one of your local branches, they will likely pull whichever CRA is most prevalent in your area of the country.  Different regions of the country lean towards different CRA's.  For example, I am in Wisconsin and almost ANYTHING you apply for in this area will pull TU (bad for me Smiley Sad ).  However, with US Bank, if you apply over the phone using the US Bank 800 number or apply online, they will typically always pull EQ.  This works for CC's, but I have not had the same luck with auto loans since auto loans require you to go to a local branch to close and, therefore, the application automatically gets transferred to the local branch to be processed.

I had a US Bank secured card for about a year and a half.  I first applied for an unsecured card at my local branch--this was a TU pull that resulted in a denial.  Then, I went online and applied for a secured card--this was an EQ pull.  Around the one year anniversary of the secured card, I began asking for it to be unsecured.  Each request resulted in a hard inquiry and each time it was EQ only.  I eventually figured out that they would not unsecure me until my FICO reached 680.

When I was finally unsecured thanks to my EQ making a HUGE jump to about 750, my CL for the new card was initially the same as what I had when it was secured.  Interstingly enough, this only lasted about 2 days, though, before they slashed my limit even though I had been responsible with the original limit for over a year and a half.  The excuse was that there was some info on my TU report that they didn't like.  Lo and behold, the day after they unsecured me based on my EQ report, they pulled my TU report, which was only about 620 at the time.  Not really sure why they suddenly pulled BOTH of them for the first time ever--guess they just want to be sure they cover their bases better when dealing with unsecured rather than secured.

Now, I just wonder how long it will take to get my original limit back again.

Message 4 of 14
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@aquatic1 wrote:

What CRA does US Bank pull?  What do you all think would be a acceptable FICO to be approved for a CC?  I may be interested in getting one with this bank in the future.

TIA 

They pulled EX for me.  I was denied cc with a 790 score about 3 months ago.  No baddies showing, 17 yrs of perfect mortgage payments but no other credit history because I had been paying cash the past 10 yrs waiting for a bk to fall off.   Good luck to you.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 5 of 14
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.  I have a lot of work left to do but I have heard some nice things about this bank. In a few months I will try for a card.

Message 6 of 14
cabana7
Valued Member

Usually EQ but they are very conservative you need a good credit score in the 700's and few or no inquiries...
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

pulled EX for me 2 times in Colorado. BTW, they are conservative but seem not to care about inquiries at all. I got approved for 10 000 initially with 14 inquiries on EX and got a 4 500 increase in 6mo with the same number of inquiries on the report. They don't care too much about the length of your history. They are very scrore driven though.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

they good, highly recommended
Message 9 of 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

In Jan 09 they pulled TU (Indiana) for me.  I responded to a pre-app letter and got 3k w/ a TU in the 680s.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.