Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Recommended Offers Page

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

US Bank Recommended Offers Page

Hi,

I have tried the US Bank recommended offers page several times before and the only recommended cards were the secured card, but today I got the cash rewards card.  My score has gone up about 70 pts since getting only the secured card offer.  Is this a solid offer?  I want to app for it but only if my chances are pretty good.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Recommended Offers Page

If it shows you a firm APR, generally speaking it's a good prequal.  If it shows a range APR it's just a recommendation and not a prequal.

Note: nothing is guaranteed, but firm APRs are more indicative than range APRs.

Message 2 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

US Bank pre qualifier isn't all that accurate. They do seem to be better about approvals with an existing banking relationship.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't mind, what are the details of the offer?

Message 4 of 13
NP27
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you don't mind, what are the details of the offer?

0 % on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR applies 13.99-23.99%, currently based on your creditworthiness.

• $50 cash-back bonus when you make $500 in net purchases within the first 90 days.78
  • Earns 1% cash back on all net purchases charged to the account.

US Bank Cash Rewards Visa

Message 5 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

If you end up applying, I would consider just going for the Cash+. It's a better card and if you don't qualify for it but they still approve you, you're most likely going to end up with the Cash Rewards card anyways.
Message 6 of 13
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Same offer here, i do have secured card with them
BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 7 of 13
NP27
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
If you end up applying, I would consider just going for the Cash+. It's a better card and if you don't qualify for it but they still approve you, you're most likely going to end up with the Cash Rewards card anyways.

I think I may qualify for one or the other.  If they pull TU anyhow.  

Message 8 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@I feel dirty with that card... They sent me a pre-approval @ set apr in mail opt in/out.. Why the heck coudn't they send me the Cash+ pre-approval grrr... All my banking is done through them.  I tore it up and considering switching banks with that insult especially since cash+ has been nerfed tons of time Smiley Happy..  Might have to go and talk with a personal banker in branch and say really what is this, is this a joke and show him how my other cards benefit way better than 1%..Make it happen or my money goes bye bye to another bank.. Ok idle threat but how I feel.

Message 9 of 13
NP27
Established Contributor

@orestrus wrote:
Same offer here, i do have secured card with them

Before though when my score was lower, I only had an offer for the secured card several times over the past year and now the other offer showed up so I am hopeful.  Still debating on whether to pull the trigger.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.