Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Reporting Date..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Reporting Date..

My due date for US Bank is the 11th of every month so the statement usually closes around the 15th. They didnt report to the credit bureaus until 2 weeks after this (29th just found out) and I put a balance on it a few days after the statement closed Smiley Mad

I just got the alert from CCT. Ugh!! What should I do to avoid this happening again? I never have this issue on any of my other cards. The balance that's on my statement is what report for them. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Reporting Date..

That's just the way they do it.   Some banks just report for everyone on a certain date instead of on the statement closing date.   You could see if you can adjust your payment date so that your statement date hits around the end of the month.   Alternately, you can plan your payment so that it posts by the end of the month.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 4
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My due date for US Bank is the 11th of every month so the statement usually closes around the 15th. They didnt report to the credit bureaus until 2 weeks after this (29th just found out) and I put a balance on it a few days after the statement closed Smiley Mad

I just got the alert from CCT. Ugh!! What should I do to avoid this happening again? I never have this issue on any of my other cards. The balance that's on my statement is what report for them. 

US Bank reports on the last business day of the month. If you want zero balance reporting, you should target paying off entire balance a couple of days before that and sit tight with no more spending till it's the next month Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! I didn't know that. I will change my due date for that same week Smiley Happy

I just paid off $15K with Navy Federal so I'm sure my utilization didn't take a hit Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.