cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Reporting to CRAs Mid-Billing Cycle?

tag
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Reporting to CRAs Mid-Billing Cycle?

I got a US Bank Visa at the end of July, and my first statement date was 8/23. The card reported shortly after I got it, with a zero balance, then I made charges starting around 8/13 and paid in full, so I had a zero balance when the statement cut. As such, the card has always reported a zero balance so far.

This morning, the card reported my current balance. My next statement date isn't until about 9/23, so I was NOT expecting that! It's not a huge deal, since the balance reported was only about 7.4% utilization, but I was trying to get a certain number of card to report zero this cycle, to see what my score would do, and this messes that up. :/

So, is this normal for US Bank, to report on dates other than the statement date? I've never had another card so far that did that.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Reporting to CRAs Mid-Billing Cycle?

@Autumnslight wrote:

I got a US Bank Visa at the end of July, and my first statement date was 8/23. The card reported shortly after I got it, with a zero balance, then I made charges starting around 8/13 and paid in full, so I had a zero balance when the statement cut. As such, the card has always reported a zero balance so far.

This morning, the card reported my current balance. My next statement date isn't until about 9/23, so I was NOT expecting that! It's not a huge deal, since the balance reported was only about 7.4% utilization, but I was trying to get a certain number of card to report zero this cycle, to see what my score would do, and this messes that up. :/

So, is this normal for US Bank, to report on dates other than the statement date? I've never had another card so far that did that.

US Bank reports the balance you have at the end of each month rather than the balance on your statement.  Yes, it's a bit strange that they do this, but at least we know going forward.

I, too, opened my account in July and US Bank reported a zero balance to the bureaus in early to mid-August.  And, my end of month balance for August also was just reported.  It just showed up on Experian today.  I'm sure EQ and TU will soon follow suit.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.