Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Secured Cards / Compass BBVA Secured Card

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Secured Cards / Compass BBVA Secured Card

Joe,

He doesn't have the card yet. He looked into the card for a few months. Recently, he applied for First Progress secured card and he liked it. It works like a regular card. It is too bad it doesn't graduate.  Last week, he sent in his Oasis/Optima Amex and he got approved.  He waits for his Oasis card really came though before he goes for US Bank. I think the terms is pretty good compared to other subprime cards.  USAA secured cards is another good one. I don't know too much about NFCU. Have you looked into your local cu? You might find some good secured cards.

Ron.

Message 11 of 13
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Joe,

He doesn't have the card yet. He looked into the card for a few months. Recently, he applied for First Progress secured card and he liked it. It works like a regular card. It is too bad it doesn't graduate.  Last week, he sent in his Oasis/Optima Amex and he got approved.  He waits for his Oasis card really came though before he goes for US Bank. I think the terms is pretty good compared to other subprime cards.  USAA secured cards is another good one. I don't know too much about NFCU. Have you looked into your local cu? You might find some good secured cards.

Ron.

Yes sir I sure did check with my local credit unions.  I basically have 2 choices, terms are not too bad they offer 18% interest with no annual fee plus  few perks typically associated with a standard card. Unfortunately it's not the credits unions product, they outsource to a company called Elan Financial, basically I fill out and application at the branch, send it in with my deposit amount and within 7 - 10 days Elan will render a decision from what I understand the card will not likely graduate.

Message 12 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

@joedtx wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Joe,

Ron.

Yes sir I sure did check with my local credit unions.  I basically have 2 choices, terms are not too bad they offer 18% interest with no annual fee plus  few perks typically associated with a standard card. Unfortunately it's not the credits unions product, they outsource to a company called Elan Financial, basically I fill out and application at the branch, send it in with my deposit amount and within 7 - 10 days Elan will render a decision from what I understand the card will not likely graduate.

Elan Financial Services is credit card subdivision US Bank. They handled credit cards for banks and credit unions  Those 2 CU credit unions secured is basically a US Bank secured cards. Why don't you apply for Harley Davidson Secured Visa? It will graduate after 12 months with good payment history.   

Ron.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.