Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Secured Credit Cards

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Secured Credit Cards

In 2009, they turned me down for secured card with 5 recent chargeoffs (settled for less than owed).   Last year they turned me down for unsecured card as well.

Message 11 of 15
Lightdog555
New Contributor

My score is around 570 working on getting my credit back. I have an Amex oasis from jan 2012 never late kays never late and my past two autos over the last 4 years never late. I have a lot of older charge offs nothing from after 09 what are my chances of being approved? I am looking at the aero mexico card and no bk. thx for the help!
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was turned down 7 months ago, by USBank, for a secured CC, because of the bankruptcy.

Message 13 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@corymcd88 wrote:

USAA thier are no rewards for the card I have. Why I want US Bank is thier card is first year free AF, 16.9 APR and airline points and they said after one year I can upgrade to a card with no AF with US Bank, how I look at it is that I can build credit with no AF and then upgrade. For Penfed they like to see over 700 and long credit card payment history.

I guess I'm failing still in my comprehension, my apologies.

You have both a BOFA 1-2-3, and an Amex Zync, each of which is better than the US Bank card.  When you get right down to it, if you're going to eat the inquiry anyway for USBank, increasing the BOFA limit in a lump sum is a better bet I think.  If you're trying to chase the customer loyalty angle, pick a few lenders and go with it.  USBank offers their interesting Cash+ card, and that's rather about it: they've never been considered a premium lender I don't think.

Honestly you're sitting on 15 cards by my count and 3ish rebuilder type installment loans.  I think you have more than enough tradelines, and continuing to spread out your thin limits even further is probably going to do you more harm than good in the long run.  The length of history that Penfed is looking for, has very little to do with number of tradelines, and very much to do with the quality of individual tradelines.  We all should be chasing that second goal on these forums, rather than to accumulate enough credit cards to play a non-trivial game of Jenga with. Smiley Wink

        
Message 14 of 15
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Lightdog555 wrote:
My score is around 570 working on getting my credit back. I have an Amex oasis from jan 2012 never late kays never late and my past two autos over the last 4 years never late. I have a lot of older charge offs nothing from after 09 what are my chances of being approved? I am looking at the aero mexico card and no bk. thx for the help!

I'm looking for the same card aero mexico card. LOL. As I look at it one year free and then upgrade.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.