cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank can not find my app for Visa Plat....

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

US Bank can not find my app for Visa Plat....

I went on a small app spree last month. Apped in this order....Disc IT, BofA Cash Reward and US Bank Visa Platinum.

Now, IT approved, BofA denied but counter me with their fully secured card with the reward 321,I think it was,

But on a US Bank Visa, I received 7 to10 message (this was on 5/4/14), So when I called the status line couple of times already and the automated line as well as live person says that they can not locate or find my app??

So what do I do now? I dont think I wanna pull another trigger on US bank, at least not right now. Especially not knowing what the hell is going on with my app.

I have heard how US Bank is slow processing apps via manuel review and what not, but just a notion that they can not find my app is puzzling to me.

On a side note, I would like to take the BofA's counter offer on their secured card, since its a prime card.(I'll probably throw in 300).

BK discharged 6/12, and looking at my sig, I'm wondering a secured card is even needed at this point of my rebuilding stage.

I would like to know what u guys think bout me adding the BofA secured card.(Have hesrd so many good things bout their card gradu as little as 9 months).

I have until 6/26/14 to accept this offer.(I realize this would b another hard pull thoSmiley Sad

My score are (usaa 670 670 616) BofA letter states my fico at 643, usaa denial letter says 668, Disc IT says 631.

I'm confusedSmiley Mad

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank can not find my app for Visa Plat....

I have heard this many times before on multi boards, they lose a lot more apps than the like to admit. If you were never HPed I would just app for it again or do it right in branch.

I would not do the BoA secured you already have some prime cards per your Siggy. You will most likely never get the same score from different creditors, there are many different models of FICO scores and they dont all pull the same, then you add in the ones who use their own proprietary score and yes you can get confused pretty quick. Typically if a letter comes and it doesnt say this is a FICO then its their own internal model, GECRB comes to mind on initial new card approvals.

Message 2 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I have heard this many times before on multi boards, they lose a lot more apps than the like to admit. If you were never HPed I would just app for it again or do it right in branch.

I would not do the BoA secured you already have some prime cards per your Siggy. You will most likely never get the same score from different creditors, there are many different models of FICO scores and they dont all pull the same, then you add in the ones who use their own proprietary score and yes you can get confused pretty quick. Typically if a letter comes and it doesnt say this is a FICO then its their own internal model, GECRB comes to mind on initial new card approvals.

I was thinking that the only prime card I have is the new IT card. Would you agree with me on this?

Or, do you consider Barclay to be a prime as well? I know QS1 and Sony Visa is not prime. As far as I was concerned, IT is the only prime in my lineup and this was the main reason as to why I had thought about getting the bofa secure card with the reward (which would have given me 2 prime cards that would have looked good to the lenders as I am looking to get a mortgage in yr or two).

Thanks for the fico models and scores (I got it now.)

With GE cards, They pull TU and I have 14 INQ on TU with last 2 coming from Barclay 11/13 and 2/20/14.

Obviously, I am not interested in store cards anymore, so the only thing i want is paypal MC or Ebate sig visa I think its called.....

Byw, I had Smartconnect account opened 6/13 for 300..... and closed it on 2/14.

Do you think I have a shot at either PPMC or Ebate visa? (Walmart and Barclay 616 )

My first card post BK was Cap1 plat on 11/12, turned into QS1 this past 1/14.

Thanks

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 3 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

I disagree and would take the BoA secured offer. They're generally good at eventually unsecuring those cards and with a fairly recent BK im not sure what else is left. US Bank is a tough one to get,  it took me many attempts even with clean history. 

Message 4 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I disagree and would take the BoA secured offer. They're generally good at eventually unsecuring those cards and with a fairly recent BK im not sure what else is left. US Bank is a tough one to get,  it took me many attempts even with clean history. 

I received a letter from US Bank in regards to my app....the letter says my ss number was missing and I have 10 days to fax or call in process to begin.

yeah, I think i'll pass on US Bank for now and continue with my original game plan which is to get the bofa secured card and garden until my mortgage.

Thanks 335i

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays is a prime bank.

Message 6 of 10
One7
Valued Contributor

If I were you I would definitely take the BofA offer, not that you need a secured card because you are doing quite well, but simply because after 9 months it will unsecure and you wont lose any of the history. Mine unsecured after 9 months and within weeks I had it PC'd to the Travel Rewards version and had the limit upped from 300 (my original deposit amount) to 5k. BofA is great to deal with as well. Good luck. 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 7 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Barclays is a prime bank.

Wonderful,

Thanks Dale.....

Message 8 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@One7 wrote:

If I were you I would definitely take the BofA offer, not that you need a secured card because you are doing quite well, but simply because after 9 months it will unsecure and you wont lose any of the history. Mine unsecured after 9 months and within weeks I had it PC'd to the Travel Rewards version and had the limit upped from 300 (my original deposit amount) to 5k. BofA is great to deal with as well. Good luck. 

Thats what I decided to do. Thanks One7, and everyone on board.

myfico forum rocksSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
One7
Valued Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Thats what I decided to do. Thanks One7, and everyone on board.

myfico forum rocksSmiley Happy

Smiley Happy Good luck

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.