Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank cash rewards PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank cash rewards PC?

Anyone try to PC the cash rewards to cash + platinum visa yet?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank cash rewards PC?

I tried today but the rep said there was no such offer for me right now. My limit is just $4500 on that card.

My limit is just $4500 on that card. Maybe that's the reason.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The new cash + visa platinum isn't a signature, but still offers the category changes. Maybe because it came out today it's too new. I'll try and call them now and see what they say....
Message 3 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Try calling during the day. If they say the option is not available, ask if you can talk with an underwriter to see what can be done. once an underwriter knows you are interested in the PC, you will probably get the option much quicker.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm underwriting transferred me to credit member services and then card member services said no avail or offers for a PC.
Message 5 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Looks like you went just about as far as you could with it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 9
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

They told me since the credit cards are so new they're not in the system for a Product change and try back in a few weeks. I tried changing my cash rewards to the Amex Cash 365.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 7 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmmm underwriting transferred me to credit member services and then card member services said no avail or offers for a PC.

Underwriting cannot PC the card. What you would be asking them is if you can be made eligible to PC the card. IE, you would be asking them to review it, or at least put in a request to have your card reviewed.

Its a real separation of duties at US Bank from what I experienced. to request a PC just call teh number on teh back of your card, as the normal CSR's handle that. BUT they can only do it if the underwriters have previously OK'd the product change.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming UR review wouldn't be a hard pull, am I correct?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.