Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank club carlson upgrade question

tag
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

US Bank club carlson upgrade question

Hi all,

Thank you for for all your support throughout my credit journey. 

I had applied for the US bank club carlson premier rewards visa, declined first, reconned 3 times and finally got approved for the US Bank club carlson platinum version (5k). 

Its a good card, signup bonus is also pretty good, but rewards rate is not that good when compared to the premier rewards visa. 

Quick questions:

1. Am I allowed to apply for the Premier rewards visa card after I show good spending habits on my existing platinum for sometime (meaning can I have two club carlson credit cards at one time) ?

2. Is there anyway, I can have it PCed to the Premier one ?'

Thank you again for your advices in advance. 

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jesse3581
Established Member

Re: US Bank club carlson upgrade question

Hi.  

First off, although I just got this card (platinum for me as well), I do know that it can be upgraded after at least 6 months of history/timely payments.  I don't know if you can have a second copy of this card. It is tied to a membership number, so I would assume not ... but what do I know?

To me this is a card that we do not talk about enough on these forums!

$1750$5200$2000$7500$2000$2000
Message 2 of 3
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank club carlson upgrade question

@Jesse3581 wrote:

Hi.  

First off, although I just got this card (platinum for me as well), I do know that it can be upgraded after at least 6 months of history/timely payments.  I don't know if you can have a second copy of this card. It is tied to a membership number, so I would assume not ... but what do I know?

To me this is a card that we do not talk about enough on these forums!

Hi Jesse,

Thank you so much for the input. Ok cool, now i feel relieved, atleast I can PC it after 6 months, nice info. I will show good history on this card and lets see .

No, I mean make a second account on the club carlson with the same name which is possible. bcoz i had it like that before i got this card. 

I dont know why this card is not discussed here often.

One of the best hotel cards, I feel. I will tell you why.

Last weekend, I was in Detroit and booked a room at the Radisson Farmington hills for just 9000 points and got a second night free.Whats even better - at the time of check-in, I was offered a complimentary upgrade to a suite with jacuzzi and that suite was the biggest suite I have ever stayed in. All for just 9000 points. I think this card has to be discussed more here. Even if you buy 9000 points, its only $63. So, this card is just awesome. 

In feb, I was in a suite at the Hyatt regency miami but the size of this suite was incomparable. 

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.