Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank denial

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank denial

@doctorofcredit wrote:

You should also freeze your IDA account before applying to US bank, did you try that?

I bet that's the reason they always want to do a manual review is to pull your IDA report. I just requested mine today by FAX. I guess mine must be pretty good because i was just approved for the Cash+ card.

EDIT: I will update everyone when i get my IDA report and see if US Bank did look at it.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 11 of 30
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

Froze IDA and ARS a couple of weeks ago and requested reports for both at the same time

Creditors on my IDA report: Discover

Creditors on my ARS report: Capital One, Barclay's, NFCU, Target, Chase,  U.S. Bank (from an app 3 months ago)

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 12 of 30
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

I called back, and got the same guy (ughhh) who was actually nicer this time. He appologized for the "incorrect" response of "items in dispute". The application was declined due to 20 new accounts in the last 6 months (yes, I was one of those "rebuilding credit, shopping cart trick peeps" that upon re-building my credit, opened a ton of retail store credit cards after getting the "pre-approval pop-up" via the shopping cart trick. Ihave since closed 3 of those (linen source, bon ton, buckle) there are many more I don't mind closing (true value, one stop plus, beall's florida, just paid balance in full formy my sony visa through cap1 off and closing that when it reports a $0 balance to all 3 credit bureau's)

I guess I can't blame the bank for the denial, he kind of put things in perspective when I actually heard "You've opened 20 new accounts in the past 6 months"

It's back and forth with the whole closing accounts that I will never use. I read good things, and I hear not so good things about closing credit cards, but at the same time, they didn't even bother to pull my mom's information even though I apped as joint. 

You win some you lose some Smiley Sad

WOW :smileysurprised: .........You really need to garden with that many new accounts.

I know, I WISH WISH WISH I never accepted all of those shopping cart trick pre approval pop-ups. I should have done more research when I was rebuilding my credit. BAD mistake. That I have absolutely learned from. It can be so exciting being approved for credit cards at first, but one must realize the repercussions of these shopping cart tricks. Yes one may have not applied for credit before, or like me, have not applied for a credit card in yearssssss and I mean years...but now I know!

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 13 of 30
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@NursePurse wrote:

Froze IDA and ARS a couple of weeks ago and requested reports for both at the same time

Creditors on my ARS report: Capital One, Barclay's, NFCU, Target, Chase,  U.S. Bank (from an app 3 months ago)

Hey Nurse, did you have to fax your info to ARS ????? I already Faxed my info to IDA

EDIT : Where they HP or SP's??? Trying to understand how they work.

THX Wade

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 14 of 30
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

Hey Nurse, did you have to fax your info to ARS ????? I already Faxed my info to IDA

THX Wade

HI! I sent my request to the IDA via certified mail with 2 forms of identification, recieved the report and the freeze within 4 days. I mailed a letter to the ARS with one form of identification requeting a report and a freeze to the ARS and recieved my report shortly after. I faxed my mom's request and her driver's license to the ARS with a request for a freeze and a report and recieved the report and freeze in 3-4 days in the mail.

I literally copied and pasted these letters on this website and filled in my info on the lines: http://travelwithgrant.com/credit-cards/freezing-your-ars-and-ida-credit-reports/

Message 15 of 30
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

THX WaFor me

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

THX Wade

They were all hp's on either TU, Eq, or Exp. But that was just from a normal credit app. I believe they check your ARS or IDA and the inquiries on there are separate from TU, Eq, or Exp. I've read that the IDA and ARS reports to not constitute a denial or approval, but I'm not 100% sure and the fact that those creditors checked that report makes me believe that the IDA and ARS reports may be a factor in a denial or approval because why else would Chase, Discover, U.S. Bank, etc even check those 2 reports? I did get a chase amazon visa approval after I froze both ARS and IDA

Message 16 of 30
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@NursePurse wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

THX Wade

HI! I sent my request to the IDA via certified mail with 2 forms of identification, recieved the report and the freeze within 4 days. I mailed a letter to the ARS with one form of identification requeting a report and a freeze to the ARS and recieved my report shortly after. I faxed my mom's request and her driver's license to the ARS with a request for a freeze and a report and recieved the report and freeze in 3-4 days in the mail.

I literally copied and pasted these letters on this website and filled in my info on the lines: http://travelwithgrant.com/credit-cards/freezing-your-ars-and-ida-credit-reports/

Thank you so much Smiley Happy I will fax my info to ARS tomorrow

Message 17 of 30
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@NursePurse wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

THX WaFor me

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

THX Wade

They were all hp's on either TU, Eq, or Exp. But that was just from a normal credit app. I believe they check your ARS or IDA and the inquiries on there are separate from TU, Eq, or Exp. I've read that the IDA and ARS reports to not constitute a denial or approval, but I'm not 100% sure and the fact that those creditors checked that report makes me believe that the IDA and ARS reports may be a factor in a denial or approval because why else would Chase, Discover, U.S. Bank, etc even check those 2 reports? I did get a chase amazon visa approval after I froze both ARS and IDA

I have to agree with you, why would they check them if it didn't matter :smileyindifferent:

Thanks again for the info Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 30
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

THX WaFor me

@-Wade- wrote:

@NursePurse wrote:

THX Wade

I have to agree with you, why would they check them if it didn't matter :smileyindifferent:

Thanks again for the info Smiley Happy

No problem! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 30
srchick
Regular Contributor

NursePurse: Very curious: What are ARS and IDA reports in relation to the regular "big 3" bureaus????

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.