Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...

Anyone who reads my junk occasionally, would most likely recall my having to pay back taxes over 2k, by credit card, as to expedite payment.

Well.....

I decided to let the balance post, as to help OCCU finally report to EQ, as well as establish my "high useage" listed on the entry for each CRA.

Within two days of that posting to EQ, US bank rate jacked me to 18% (discovered by CheckMe app), and I called "shennanigans" on them..

They felt merited to do so, as I've gone from light reporting to 2k overnight, so they're in my sock drawer, with Sirius XM to keep them alive monthly.

...glad it played out that way, as I was about to use them for snow tires. Now Beaver gets their usage.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Anyone who reads my junk occasionally, would most likely recall my having to pay back taxes over 2k, by credit card, as to expedite payment.

Well.....

I decided to let the balance post, as to help OCCU finally report to EQ, as well as establish my "high useage" listed on the entry for each CRA.

Within two days of that posting to EQ, US bank rate jacked me to 18% (discovered by CheckMe app), and I called "shennanigans" on them..

They felt merited to do so, as I've gone from light reporting to 2k overnight, so they're in my sock drawer, with Sirius XM to keep them alive monthly.

...glad it played out that way, as I was about to use them for snow tires. Now Beaver gets their usage.

Did your promo 0% end?

18% while high doesn't really seem like a rate jack... What was it?

Message 2 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Well.....

Did your promo 0% end?

They cut my 0 pct many months early, as I had just gotten the USB in June, or July. Can't locate the original paperwork, but that 18 is higher than what I remember seeing.

Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Well.....

Did your promo 0% end?

They cut my 0 pct many months early, as I had just gotten the USB in June, or July. Can't locate the original paperwork, but that 18 is higher than what I remember seeing.

how early?

Banks can't just rate jack because of something else on your credit report anymore... that issue was address in the credit reform act way back in 2009 or  whenever that went through.

Message 4 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Well.....

Did your promo 0% end?

how early?

Banks can't just rate jack because of something else on your credit report anymore... that issue was address in the credit reform act way back in 2009 or  whenever that went through.

I should've had the 0% until June, or July '14. It's gone.

Message 5 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Their quoted T&C says they can pull this any time they like, and they did.

Message 6 of 13
quarius
Regular Contributor

I keep hearing about these Beaver and Duck cards and how easy it is to get. Just how easy are we talking about here?

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 7 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@quarius wrote:

I keep hearing about these Beaver and Duck cards and how easy it is to get. Just how easy are we talking about here?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/The-Duck-Card-Visa-shocking-CL/td-p/237444...

Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@quarius wrote:

they don't seem to be very friendly to baddies (major ones, smaller ones, someone posted over 2 years they start to be okay with) but INQ's, and Util. don't seem to be much of a factor.

you can choose to just let it ride and usually receive score and then card following day in like 10 or so days or personally for my partners card, called in next day and they asked 2 security questions off the credit report (specifically to name 2 credit accounts he already had) then they said thank you, you will receive something in mail in 5-7 days.... called back following day and was told that the card was sent out today and they approved $15k.

they asked nothing towards why so many INQ's, why so much debt, NOTHING!

Message 9 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Well.....

Did your promo 0% end?

how early?

I think the CARD act prevents an issuer from imposing a penalty rate based on credit report activity from other issuers (i.e. no more universal default) but this is ending a promotion early (and returning to "normal" rates) which might be allowed.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.