Reply
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...

Anyone who reads my junk occasionally, would most likely recall my having to pay back taxes over 2k, by credit card, as to expedite payment.

 

Well.....

 

I decided to let the balance post, as to help OCCU finally report to EQ, as well as establish my "high useage" listed on the entry for each CRA.

Within two days of that posting to EQ, US bank rate jacked me to 18% (discovered by CheckMe app), and I called "shennanigans" on them..

They felt merited to do so, as I've gone from light reporting to 2k overnight, so they're in my sock drawer, with Sirius XM to keep them alive monthly.

 

...glad it played out that way, as I was about to use them for snow tires. Now Beaver gets their usage.


Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 20,995
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...


Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Anyone who reads my junk occasionally, would most likely recall my having to pay back taxes over 2k, by credit card, as to expedite payment.

 

Well.....

 

I decided to let the balance post, as to help OCCU finally report to EQ, as well as establish my "high useage" listed on the entry for each CRA.

Within two days of that posting to EQ, US bank rate jacked me to 18% (discovered by CheckMe app), and I called "shennanigans" on them..

They felt merited to do so, as I've gone from light reporting to 2k overnight, so they're in my sock drawer, with Sirius XM to keep them alive monthly.

 

...glad it played out that way, as I was about to use them for snow tires. Now Beaver gets their usage.


Did your promo 0% end?

18% while high doesn't really seem like a rate jack... What was it?

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...


Creditaddict wrote:

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Anyone who reads my junk occasionally, would most likely recall my having to pay back taxes over 2k, by credit card, as to expedite payment.

 

Well.....

 

I decided to let the balance post, as to help OCCU finally report to EQ, as well as establish my "high useage" listed on the entry for each CRA.

Within two days of that posting to EQ, US bank rate jacked me to 18% (discovered by CheckMe app), and I called "shennanigans" on them..

They felt merited to do so, as I've gone from light reporting to 2k overnight, so they're in my sock drawer, with Sirius XM to keep them alive monthly.

 

...glad it played out that way, as I was about to use them for snow tires. Now Beaver gets their usage.


Did your promo 0% end?

18% while high doesn't really seem like a rate jack... What was it?


They cut my 0 pct many months early, as I had just gotten the USB in June, or July. Can't locate the original paperwork, but that 18 is higher than what I remember seeing.


Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 20,995
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...


Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Anyone who reads my junk occasionally, would most likely recall my having to pay back taxes over 2k, by credit card, as to expedite payment.

 

Well.....

 

I decided to let the balance post, as to help OCCU finally report to EQ, as well as establish my "high useage" listed on the entry for each CRA.

Within two days of that posting to EQ, US bank rate jacked me to 18% (discovered by CheckMe app), and I called "shennanigans" on them..

They felt merited to do so, as I've gone from light reporting to 2k overnight, so they're in my sock drawer, with Sirius XM to keep them alive monthly.

 

...glad it played out that way, as I was about to use them for snow tires. Now Beaver gets their usage.


Did your promo 0% end?

18% while high doesn't really seem like a rate jack... What was it?


They cut my 0 pct many months early, as I had just gotten the USB in June, or July. Can't locate the original paperwork, but that 18 is higher than what I remember seeing.


how early?

Banks can't just rate jack because of something else on your credit report anymore... that issue was address in the credit reform act way back in 2009 or  whenever that went through.

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...


Creditaddict wrote:

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Anyone who reads my junk occasionally, would most likely recall my having to pay back taxes over 2k, by credit card, as to expedite payment.

 

Well.....

 

I decided to let the balance post, as to help OCCU finally report to EQ, as well as establish my "high useage" listed on the entry for each CRA.

Within two days of that posting to EQ, US bank rate jacked me to 18% (discovered by CheckMe app), and I called "shennanigans" on them..

They felt merited to do so, as I've gone from light reporting to 2k overnight, so they're in my sock drawer, with Sirius XM to keep them alive monthly.

 

...glad it played out that way, as I was about to use them for snow tires. Now Beaver gets their usage.


Did your promo 0% end?

18% while high doesn't really seem like a rate jack... What was it?


They cut my 0 pct many months early, as I had just gotten the USB in June, or July. Can't locate the original paperwork, but that 18 is higher than what I remember seeing.


how early?

Banks can't just rate jack because of something else on your credit report anymore... that issue was address in the credit reform act way back in 2009 or  whenever that went through.


I should've had the 0% until June, or July '14. It's gone.


Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...

Their quoted T&C says they can pull this any time they like, and they did.


Contributor
quarius
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎08-18-2012
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...

I keep hearing about these Beaver and Duck cards and how easy it is to get. Just how easy are we talking about here?

{NFCU-25k}{Saphire-15k}{Duck-15k}{BOA-12k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{Simplicity-$7200}{USAA-6k}{DiscoverIT-5k}{CitiTY-$4100}{AmexBCE-$3500}{Venture-$3000}{WalmartDisc-$2600}{Merrick-$1200}{AmazonVisa-$1650}{Cap1-$600}
1/1/14 [Experian-Fico 747][TU-Fico744][Equifax-Fico766]
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4
Posts: 2,163
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...


quarius wrote:

I keep hearing about these Beaver and Duck cards and how easy it is to get. Just how easy are we talking about here?


http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/The-Duck-Card-Visa-shocking-CL/td-p/237444...


Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 20,995
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...


quarius wrote:

I keep hearing about these Beaver and Duck cards and how easy it is to get. Just how easy are we talking about here?


they don't seem to be very friendly to baddies (major ones, smaller ones, someone posted over 2 years they start to be okay with) but INQ's, and Util. don't seem to be much of a factor.

you can choose to just let it ride and usually receive score and then card following day in like 10 or so days or personally for my partners card, called in next day and they asked 2 security questions off the credit report (specifically to name 2 credit accounts he already had) then they said thank you, you will receive something in mail in 5-7 days.... called back following day and was told that the card was sent out today and they approved $15k.

they asked nothing towards why so many INQ's, why so much debt, NOTHING!

 

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Super Contributor
longtimelurker
Posts: 7,323
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: US Bank got jealous of the Beaver...


Creditaddict wrote:

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Anyone who reads my junk occasionally, would most likely recall my having to pay back taxes over 2k, by credit card, as to expedite payment.

 

Well.....

 

I decided to let the balance post, as to help OCCU finally report to EQ, as well as establish my "high useage" listed on the entry for each CRA.

Within two days of that posting to EQ, US bank rate jacked me to 18% (discovered by CheckMe app), and I called "shennanigans" on them..

They felt merited to do so, as I've gone from light reporting to 2k overnight, so they're in my sock drawer, with Sirius XM to keep them alive monthly.

 

...glad it played out that way, as I was about to use them for snow tires. Now Beaver gets their usage.


Did your promo 0% end?

18% while high doesn't really seem like a rate jack... What was it?


They cut my 0 pct many months early, as I had just gotten the USB in June, or July. Can't locate the original paperwork, but that 18 is higher than what I remember seeing.


how early?

Banks can't just rate jack because of something else on your credit report anymore... that issue was address in the credit reform act way back in 2009 or  whenever that went through.


I think the CARD act prevents an issuer from imposing a penalty rate based on credit report activity from other issuers (i.e. no more universal default) but this is ending a promotion early (and returning to "normal" rates) which might be allowed.

CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex, NASA Plat Cash
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 848 (Sep)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}