Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank, hard nut to crack

tag
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

US Bank, hard nut to crack

Opened my Club Carlson card in Oct 2013 with a 5k limit.  Tried to recon initially for higher limit and was declined by underwriter.  Tried for CLI in January was was declined for not having acct for 6 months.  Tried in April after 6 months for CLI and was declined due to short payment history with US Bank.   AHHHH.  I called yesturday to see if they would SP CLI me and they said, now that i have another month of payment history i could HP for a CLI.  I figured i should not since i have a feeling they will deny me.  

How often have others got a CLI for this card?

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank, hard nut to crack

I recieved a cli at the 6th month mark for my USbank issued Kroger card, when I called at the 12th month mark (May 1) and asked underwriter for a cli, he denied it; stated that I already received one at  the 6month mark. (he also stated that my scores were great) they pull transunion for cli.

They are very very conservative (stingy)Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I had the same troubles when I had a card with a 1000 limit. After being declined for the payment history I put a about 22 on the card each month and paid it off. After a few months they raised it to 3000 and six months later I asked for an increase to 8000 and was granted. As long as you pay the account andeverything on the report is fine, they seem to want to give out as much credit as they can.

Message 3 of 7
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

US Bank is like the hot girlfriend who's fun to be with, but makes you go through a bunch of crap you wouldn't tolerate from any other girl because well...she's hot! Lol.

Are you near a branch? I've had great success with them working through a live banker (as opposed to over the phone). Maybe give it a shot.

Good luck!
Message 4 of 7
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Yea I'll try a branch . It's like , you would think they make money when people spend more with them.
Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 5 of 7
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Use the card a lot and PIF each month and the cli's will come.  I use my Cash + card about 15-20 times a month and PIF.  They have given me two cli's without asking and my total cl is now 19.5k.  So hang in there. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 7
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Use the card a lot and PIF each month and the cli's will come.  I use my Cash + card about 15-20 times a month and PIF.  They have given me two cli's without asking and my total cl is now 19.5k.  So hang in there. 

+1. I received my cash rewards with a 1000 starting limit back in November 2013. I made my partner an AU on it and its his main card. We were running 2-3k a month and had to make weekly payments. After the 6th statement cut this month i requested a CLI of 4500 and after a couple of days it was approved. I knew i could have waited and see if i got an auto CLI but took the chance to request a good amount. Again, just use the card frequently and the CLIs will come (either auto or requested).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.