Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank is only Pre-qual site that ever shows me anything

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

US Bank is only Pre-qual site that ever shows me anything

Nothing ever shows up for me on any of the other pre-qual sites.  Even Cap One, which is happy to give me their cards, shows me nothing in pre-qual.

On the US Bank site though, I get 3 different options every time.  In the past I've seen the Flexperks VS and Amex, and today I also got Perks+ and Cash+.  I looked and it appears that they rarely approve the Cash+ for people under 700 score, so I'm definitely not confident that would work out for me.  What I'd actually be interested in is the Club Carlson card.

Anyone know how reliable the pre-quals on the US Banks site are?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank is only Pre-qual site that ever shows me anything

Are you opted-out of pre-screened offers?

Message 2 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Nothing ever shows up for me on any of the other pre-qual sites.  Even Cap One, which is happy to give me their cards, shows me nothing in pre-qual.

On the US Bank site though, I get 3 different options every time.  In the past I've seen the Flexperks VS and Amex, and today I also got Perks+ and Cash+.  I looked and it appears that they rarely approve the Cash+ for people under 700 score, so I'm definitely not confident that would work out for me.  What I'd actually be interested in is the Club Carlson card.

Anyone know how reliable the pre-quals on the US Banks site are?

Just to be sure, are you seeing something like "Congratulations, here's what we have for you" and then the card APRs are fixed numbers, or are they giving you some range of APRs? I also get 3 cards but none have a fixed APR listed for me, so they are marketing stuff as far as I am concerned.

Nothing comes up for me on other card companies either; last was Chase Slate and it went away a few weeks ago. 

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!!!

Actually got pre-approved for their secured credit card lol!!!

Message 4 of 28
noobody
Established Contributor

I got cash+ 12K and Club Carlson 15K with only been pre approved for a debit card.

I do not recommend you try either unless you have a strong credit file, like 750 Fico, otherwise, even if you can squeeze in, you are mostly like to get a lesser card than you applied for.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had never done their prequal site before.  Lol it only offered me a debit card. 

Message 6 of 28
happypill
Valued Contributor

So if it's an APR range then it's just marketing.  I agree that it only makes sense to apply with a higher score, that's great advice.

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had never done their prequal site before.  Lol it only offered me a debit card. 

lol me too. At least they have a consolation price for us. Smiley Wink 

Message 8 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@happypill wrote:

So if it's an APR range then it's just marketing.  I agree that it only makes sense to apply with a higher score, that's great advice.

Yup; US Bank has some strict underwriting and lot of manual verifications. I only applied for the Cash+ when my scores went 720+. Especially with Cash+ there's the chance of getting the Visa Platinum whose rewards are sort of meh. 

Grow your scores and come back; the cards will be still waiting for you Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The secured card is what they offer a lot of people, including myself.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.