Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank is redic

tag
Startome
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank is redic

I tried to apply for their standard card and was told the same thing, I live like 115 miles from their nearest branch, and I think their limit is within 100 miles or so. That's my guess. However I applied for their Harley Davidson Visa (Secured) and was obviously approved. So I guess sometimes their geographic area matters sometimes it doesn't. But it took about a month and after me thinking I got denied again due to service area. I got on my account one day and 300 dollars was gone from my savings, I about had a cow. I take that back, I did flip out. I called them and they said it was for my secured Harley Card (by this point I had, thinking I was denied, gone to Fifth Third and got one of their secured cards, lol). But I let them send me the card anyway because two TL is better than one for me at the moment.

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 11 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

US Bank is really p***ing me off.
I just called 'em to have the account removed. Spoke to two diff reps. Everyone I speak with is so confused how this happened...
As it turns out, the $1000 card IS the US Bank Platinum. They are all wondering how I even got it here in Texas... Needless to say, they are all vouching for me.
I disputed it with EXP and a Cardmember Rep gave me the address to contact the Credit Bureau department.
These banks guard their Credit Reporting departments like hawks!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 30
Startome
Regular Contributor

Wow, hey at least it's the card you wanted. Maybe you can keep it and get them it CLI it soon lol

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 13 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The number for their Credit Card Disputes 800-755-4080 option 2
Message 14 of 30
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

LMFAO. sorry.. that sucks. No other way to put it.
Message 15 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyS2006 wrote:

+1

It sure does.  What's even more interesting, is that they approved it for the intended product.  Some of their products just happen to be geographic-centric.  The Cash+ used to be available to the masses, now only available within the US Bank footprint area (i.e. apply at a branch) or if you have an existing US Bank CC, it can eventually be elegible to PC to the Cash+ (even outside the footprint area).

Message 16 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I just called 'em to have the account removed. Spoke to two diff reps. Everyone I speak with is so confused how this happened...
As it turns out, the $1000 card IS the US Bank Platinum. They are all wondering how I even got it here in Texas... Needless to say, they are all vouching for me.
I disputed it with EXP and a Cardmember Rep gave me the address to contact the Credit Bureau department.

File a complaint with the CFPB.  I got results in 1 day in a similar situation.

Message 17 of 30
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

+1

It sure does.  What's even more interesting, is that they approved it for the intended product.  Some of their products just happen to be geographic-centric.  The Cash+ used to be available to the masses, now only available within the US Bank footprint area (i.e. apply at a branch) or if you have an existing US Bank CC, it can eventually be elegible to PC to the Cash+ (even outside the footprint area).

Right, this method is on my short list for cards I will app for later on.. maybe middle of next year or something. (just because of the 5% categories of course.) Dunno though, I'm almost not happy with the sheer amount of cards I have, but I won't trim until I pay my debt down.. don't want to mess with my utilization.

Message 18 of 30
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Probably because US Bank bought out another small banking system in Texas a while back, so they actually have banks in Texas now.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 19 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I don't want the card. I opened a $10k BOA card already.
I don't want my other lenders to see this random account and AA me.
I would have reconned the hell out of that $1000 limit! Haha pft. Get real USB.
I've called them so many times on at least three diff nums! I haven't tried that one though Lexie!!! OooOoo lemme try it!!
I do like to threaten banks with the CFPB, but I'd hate to actually use it. However, the principle here is that everyone at USB agrees with me, they just don't know what to do.
And any time I dispute anything with Exp, they've always say to get the creditor to remove it and of course the creditor tells me to hassle Exp.
What a horrible vicious cycle!! I need it remove ASAP!!! My aaoa is important, and furthermore- it's inaccurate to report the account.
Bahahhahha still can't believe it would have been $1,000 limit- that's like what I would have been happy with when I was 19! Lmao.
-.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.