Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank new free, once a month, credit score is TU VantageScore 3.0

tag
cobbson
Regular Contributor

US Bank new free, once a month, credit score is TU VantageScore 3.0

Includes dashboard and score simulator. Usual questions to set up and verify identity. Too bad they decided not to go with a FICO score. You can get the same FAKO weekly at CK. Oh well.

Cobbson

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank new free, once a month, credit score is TU VantageScore 3.0

@cobbson wrote:

Includes dashboard and score simulator. Usual questions to set up and verify identity. Too bad they decided not to go with a FICO score. You can get the same FAKO weekly at CK. Oh well.

Cobbson

I don't think I'll even register for it then. Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering what they were planning to do.

Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep El Sucko..Vantage 3.0... Where have I seen this before, wait CK, that is right lol and I believe CS as well!  Why does every bank think we need a BS TU fico... I guess at least Us Bank bases most of their decisions on TU, but not a Fako score.. Needless to say I have other TU real Fico scores.. Why will someone not use Eq/Ex other then a few.. Grr..

us bank.JPG

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cost is almost certainly the answer to that question... Look what chase did, free score with a card that has no rewards (slate) which most likely has much wider margins than most of the rewards cards. I am stunned with how many people actually use their slate card for purchases where I work. So they get swipe fees with no rewards going out, plus interest. Some to many of the rewards cards end up being very low margin cards unless people pag a significant amount of interest. And obviously a free service like CK and CS can make money on TU scores, TU must sell their data at a discount to eq and certainly EX. 

Message 4 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Cost is almost certainly the answer to that question... Look what chase did, free score with a card that has no rewards (slate) which most likely has much wider margins than most of the rewards cards. I am stunned with how many people actually use their slate card for purchases where I work. So they get swipe fees with no rewards going out, plus interest. Some to many of the rewards cards end up being very low margin cards unless people pag a significant amount of interest. And obviously a free service like CK and CS can make money on TU scores, TU must sell their data at a discount to eq and certainly EX. 

I would agree TU's data must be alot cheaper as more places use it without a doubt.  It does come down to cost..Although each creditor SP's you which costs them as well and I wouldn't think it woudl be much additional costs on the whom they sp you with aka amex and Experian...  Cost would really be nothing, but score might only be once every frew months, all depending on how much they soft you, kinda like barclay's.. Score is only updated when they sp your TU

Message 5 of 7
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Ugh! I assumed US Bank realized how silly their EX FAKO was, and they would transition to a real score.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cobbson wrote:

Cobbson

Yeah ... since I first starting getting the US Bank Credit Score (October 2012) my results were 780 B. Found this most interesting. Set up the new Vantage 3.0 yesterday and I jumped to 815 A. Still found this of interest. Dug into it and the data base they are using shows me with oldest account 9 years when infact all FICO Scores no matter which edition properly shows 13+ years and AAoA at 6.7 years. How can US Bank have a different and incorrect data? For that matter how do we as users dispute the inaccurate information?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.