US Bank reported mid-statement after large purchase

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank reported mid-statement after large purchase

@noobody wrote:

it has nothing to do with "large" purchase

nothing to do with due date or statement closing date either

they report account status on last bussiness day of each month, it is different than most other banks

if you want them to report low balance, pay off before end of month, regardless when the statement close.

I didn't make the purchase until May 4th. And they've always reported at the close of the statement for me, not at the end of the month.

But like I said, I'm not terribly concerned about this. My util can handle it. 

I'm just posting this so people are aware the US Bank appears to be doing some irregular reporting, at least for me. I'd never seen others report that US Bank is doing this, but it seems I'm wrong.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 11 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

They always report my balance right around the 3rd or 4th. Which is when my bill is due.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

my bill is due on the 19th.

US Bank reported my balance on April 30th 2013. This might be due to the fact it's a brand new account though.

I'll check again to see if it reports on or around due date.

Creditkarma now has a neat feature. It now tells you when was your credit card balance last updated.

The last updated date is the date your balances were reported to CRAs.

Finally.........something I like about the new layout.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.