Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank what the heck?

tag
Shuckman00
Established Member

US Bank what the heck?

I applied for a us bank secured card through thier web site. Frist I got this message

We're unable to provide a decision about your application at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. You will be notified of the decision via U.S. Mail in 7 to 10 business days.

Please enter your email address below if you would like to be notified of the decision via email. If you elect not to be notified by email, please leave the box blank. You will be notified via U.S. Mail whether or not you are notified via email. Please note: the email address entered on this page will be used ONLY to notify you of your application decision. Once you have been notified, the bank will no longer retain this email address.

So I figure I got declined but I entered my email address and hit submit and got this message

Thank You

Thank you for choosing U.S. Bank for your financial needs. Your U.S. Bank Secured Visa® Card will be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service within the next 7-10 business days. Your card has a credit limit of $300.00. Your variable rate is Prime + 17.74%. The current APR is 20.99%. Your purchases can be signed by

Now this is wierd I will still assume I got declined but will wait for a responce from them.
Experion: 643 lender pulled 2-8-2013
TransUnion: 649 lender pulled 2-8-2013
Equifax:646 lender pulled 2-8-2013
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank what the heck?

I would say congrats on your new card. IMO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

If you really want to know for sure you should call the US Bank Underwriting listed in the BackDoor Numbers area of this site. I was able to call on my secured card when I had one and it had told me it was still processing for like 3 days then finally on the 3rd day I called and it said Congratulations, You are Approved.

My wife has crappy credit and got approved so I'm thinking you should too. They are just going to verify you and then should approve you shortly.

Message 3 of 6
Shuckman00
Established Member

Okay I will call them soon. I just thought it was wierd to get both messages

Message 4 of 6
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

The EXACT same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It seems that the 7 day waiting period was simply to make sure that they received the funds. Approved!

Message 5 of 6
Shuckman00
Established Member

Great so I am not alone, I find it very wierd two recieve both messages. I hope it goes through and a I can start gardening since that would give me three credit cards

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.