Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank

Paid US Bank bill before statement closed so bill came as "zero balance".  Today I see it reported $28 balance (charged it well after statement closed but before the end of the month) to CRA.

Is this normal?  I thought the amount reported to CR was the amount as of when the bill is generated?  Ultimately doesn't matter, just trying to plan for a time when I need that card to report at $0.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank

Us Bank reports at end of month if this helps

Message 2 of 4
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Us Bank reports at end of month if this helps

Also, in general if you want a card to report $0 balance, you need to stop using that card a few days before you intend to pay, in order to make sure all outstanding charges are processed. However, you have to pay a few days before it is due, in order for your payment to clear. 

So it wouldn't be unreasonable to pay 3 days before the card reports, and to stop using the card 6 days before the card reports (3 days before you intend to pay).

Of course, the actual amount of lead time needed depends on the interactions of the various banks and credit card companies.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it has to do with reporting on the last day of the month. I thought I was in the clear because the statement closed at 0 but that was the 24th or something, the $28 came on the 31st which was when they reported.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.