cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US CC without Foreign Transaction Fee?

tag
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

Re: US CC without Foreign Transaction Fee?

Was in Europe twice last year on business and always use my Cap One Platinum Visa there.

No FTF.

In fact that's really the only time I pull the Cap 1 card out of the SD.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My continental airlines presidential plus credit card dosent have any and capitalone definatley dosent.

Message 12 of 17
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I use Addison Avenue Visa abroad, no FTF so far.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 13 of 17
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@JRomulus wrote:

Was in Europe twice last year on business and always use my Cap One Platinum Visa there.

No FTF.

In fact that's really the only time I pull the Cap 1 card out of the SD.

Hahaha, that's funny but I agree!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GregB wrote:

Does anybody know of a US based CC that does not have a fee for a foreign purchase. Chase just dinged my almost 3% on the last one.

T.I.A.

1) Citi's new ThankYou Prestige Black card - no foreign transaction fee, but has an annual fee of $500

2) AMEX Platinum card - no FTF, but AMEX said this will last until the end of the first quarter 2011 (now), where they will decide to renew it or not

3) Capital one VENTURE travel cards - no FTF, double miles.

Message 15 of 17
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Was in Dubai a few weeks ago. Used the capital one card only no ftf and the exchange rate was exact when I checked my bill. Down side is some places didn't take card. Needed to use the ATM and the fees for BOA are painful.
Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 16 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

Chase BA visa has no FTF and its a visa (much more easily accepted worldwide)

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.