Contributor
Gh0st

US bank Cash product change to Plus version?

Anyone had any luck with a product changed? Got approved for the card but got the none plus version. Ironically, I got a 4.5k credit limit., which is nothing to sneeze at.

.Believe.
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: US bank Cash product change to Plus version?

I think they are trying to avoid paying out rewards on the Cash+. They did something similiar to me. I am trying to get it PC'd to Cash+, but it is a lengthy process.

Your 4.5k limit very much tells me they were just trying to deny you the rewards of the Cash+. If you would have gotten a $5k limit, it would have been Cash+. Maybe it is a costly product that they are trying to limit.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Frequent Contributor
thelethargicage

Re: US bank Cash product change to Plus version?

They denied my application for the Cash+, but sent me the Cash Rewards instead...with a $6.5K limit.

From what I understand, you need at least a $5K limit to qualify for a Visa Signature, so I don't understand why they would deny me the Cash+ but still approve me for another card with such a high limit.

"The family who apps together files for bankruptcy together." - Dave Ramsey

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+