Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank, SP/CLI Eligible/New account.

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

US bank, SP/CLI Eligible/New account.

Hey folks. Really wishing I asked for 15K as my 12K recon was approved, but of course. Lol

I know you can get a Soft pull credit limit increase of 1500 or less, and it won’t be a hard pull. Question is: When can I ask for one and how often can I? I’d love to get two $1500 clis to get it to an even 15. 😁

Also, with US bank, how likely are they to give you an increase if your not using too much of the current Credit limit? 🤔

Thanks y’all! 😁

5 REPLIES 5
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: US bank, SP/CLI Eligible/New account.

The (Cash+) is known for lower limits compared to other US-Bank cards.   It has a $2,000 per quarter cap on the 5% categories so most users put less than $1000/mo on the card.   I have received 3 CL increases over 3 years.  US-Bank makes you wait some time between increases.  I got my first CL increase at about 1 year (Automatic).   Second year (Letter with Web-Page LInk).  Year 3 (e-Mail followed by the a letter). Three years to hit 12K, however that is plenty for the limited spend this card sees. I put between 600-700/month on 5% categories and the card sees no other use. They still give me CL increases about once a year.

Message 2 of 6
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

What were your increases from and  to?

Message 3 of 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Started with 5k, then about 8, now 12k. Last was a 4k step.

Message 4 of 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Off topic a little, however as a new US-Bank card holder something you should know.

They take a snapshot of your balance on the last day of the month and send that to the credit bureaus as your balance, not what post on your statement. If trying to control "Util" need to pay a few days before end of month.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think with every bank, they like to see usage.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.