Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank cash+ Visa Signature limit

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: US bank cash+ Visa Signature limit

Hey guys, out of curiousity, why are people drawn to US Bank? I see the same pattern of ultra low starting limits. Yet, sometimes it seems like it's a sought after bank.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys, out of curiousity, why are people drawn to US Bank? I see the same pattern of ultra low starting limits. Yet, sometimes it seems like it's a sought after bank.

I believe it's the Cash+ 5% category s

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

I believe it's the Cash+ 5% category s

That was the reason for me. This SL is ridiculous for me though, my last SL was $17k from PenFed. 

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just got a cli for $5000 to $10000 using their online form two weeks ago, and it was a soft pull. Account opened 4/14
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk

Also... Jus a FYI If you have their CC/Loan

Your Checking and Savings are free...this may be regional idk

I have 3 check acc.s and Sav. All free
Message 15 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I tried getting a card with jokers. I thought they left off a zero as well with the initial approval. Lol
$1000 just doesn't cut it here. I told them to keep it, before the card ever arrived. I cut it up and threw it in the trash when it did show up.
I don't mind growing a limit, but those folks are ridiculous! I'd rather be denied than given a toy limit I can't use realistically. If I were 18 or just rebuilding, I'd be happy with it.. that's just not the case now. I've worked hard to build my profile, so I'm not accepting the hand out SL's. I completely understand how you feel. They'll never make a dime off me and I'm fine with that. Lol

Message 16 of 27
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

I think having a banking relationship with them makes a HUGE difference. I was auto approved for my cash+ visa with a 15K SL and a business edge select with a 18K SL. Before I banked with them I couldn't get anything approved.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

mattmyFIC0-

Yea...I believe a banking relationship goes a long way 2.
Message 18 of 27
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got my new card, instant approval online, they're telling me my revolving limit is $500??? On a visa signature, really? Did they misplace a zero? 

Are you sure they approved you for the Cash+ card?  US Bank will frequently downgrade Cash+ apps to Cash Rewards cards without informing the applicant.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aahz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got my new card, instant approval online, they're telling me my revolving limit is $500??? On a visa signature, really? Did they misplace a zero? 

Are you sure they approved you for the Cash+ card?  US Bank will frequently downgrade Cash+ apps to Cash Rewards cards without informing the applicant.

Cash rewards does not exist anymore :-)

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.