Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US bank credit card

So applied for us bank platinum card years back when i was fairly new to credit, maybe had 2 years of credit at most with a few credit cards. They gave me a card with 8k strating limit at 9.99% apr! I was surprised to the fullest Smiley Happy

Had that card for this whole time and never really used it because they aren't any rewards and had other 0% cards that i was floating a balance on when i needed. The card maybe saw a 20 dollar usage once ever 3-6 months just so it wouldn't close.

It was at 8k limit and never got any auto cli on it and did'nt want to wast a hp by requesting one.

Well yesterday that all changed when i got an interesting email saying i might be elegible for a 4k cli and i all i had to call and request for a cli or go online and do it. I tried the online and after 5 attempts it never went through and then froze me out completely so i decided to call. They said they already saw a cli requesting being initiated by me, but wasnt complete so they asked me a few questions. at the end i made sure it wasn't a hp and then i proceeded.

They said i was approved provisionally for a 4k bump and now they needed underwriting to make sure i fully quilified.

Today i checked online and my limist is 12k! Smiley Happy

So does anybody else have a us bank card and did anyone else experience this? I always though they do a hp for every cli request, but i guess i was wrong!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: US bank credit card

You were offered a CLI based on an SP and responded to the offer.  A CLI request would be one that you initiated and those are hard pulls.

Message 2 of 7
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Sometimes they do offer SP CLIs depending on how long you've had a card with them.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

but i technically did initiate it by calling it or requesting one online.

It was'nt any different then the other times i almost did it online but backed out because it says a report will be pulled.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited: Spelling

First of all Congrats on a nice cli! U.S. Bank is not a huge fan of giving out clis.

Second, you only followed up on their offer so you did not technically initiate it. Initiating one is calling in, asking if something is available, and if not going for a hp increase where they read you out a disclosure as well as ask questions. U.S. bank sends these emails to long-standing members with accounts in good standing. So, way to go! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So applied for us bank platinum card years back when i was fairly new to credit, maybe had 2 years of credit at most with a few credit cards. They gave me a card with 8k strating limit at 9.99% apr! I was surprised to the fullest Smiley Happy

Had that card for this whole time and never really used it because they aren't any rewards and had other 0% cards that i was floating a balance on when i needed. The card maybe saw a 20 dollar usage once ever 3-6 months just so it wouldn't close.

It was at 8k limit and never got any auto cli on it and did'nt want to wast a hp by requesting one.

Well yesterday that all changed when i got an interesting email saying i might be elegible for a 4k cli and i all i had to call and request for a cli or go online and do it. I tried the online and after 5 attempts it never went through and then froze me out completely so i decided to call. They said they already saw a cli requesting being initiated by me, but wasnt complete so they asked me a few questions. at the end i made sure it wasn't a hp and then i proceeded.

They said i was approved provisionally for a 4k bump and now they needed underwriting to make sure i fully quilified.

Today i checked online and my limist is 12k! Smiley Happy

So does anybody else have a us bank card and did anyone else experience this? I always though they do a hp for every cli request, but i guess i was wrong!

They did the same thing for me two or three years ago. An email telling me I was pre approved for a 4K increase without affecting my credit report. Took them up on the offer and did it online. Got a call 5 mins later just to confirm it was me and BAM! 13.5K new CL.

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, just got a snail mail solicitation yesterday to CLI my Cash+ (up to 4,500) from the current CL.  So, I called them but they were having some technical difficulties with their systems yesterday but it was eventually submitted.  Should know in a couple days I would assume.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.