Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank one month approval for Amex travel select+

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US bank one month approval for Amex travel select+

Hello,

I was finally approved for the card. It took almost 26 days exactly to get approved. I did have to do some faxing for verification but damn. Has anyone experience something like this with US bank?

Just glad it wasn't denied after waiting 26 days for an answer. They seem very conservative.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US bank one month approval for Amex travel select+

Congrats on the approval.  With U.S Bank, most of their applications are manually reviewed so good thind it worked in your favor.  Enjoy the card.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I was just reading some old threads. You're 100% right about that. I didn't see anyone with an instant approval.
Message 3 of 9
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

I was finally approved for the card. It took almost 26 days exactly to get approved. I did have to do some faxing for verification but damn. Has anyone experience something like this with US bank?

Just glad it wasn't denied after waiting 26 days for an answer. They seem very conservative.

That's quite the wait. Mind if I ask what type of documentation was required for faxing?

More than enough credit.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure. They wanted a photocopy of my ID and Utility bill with current address. I was approved for 8k two days after faxing those documents. I guess they had trouble identifying me. I never had any identification issues with other credit card issuers.

Message 5 of 9
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sure. They wanted a photocopy of my ID and Utility bill with current address. I was approved for 8k two days after faxing those documents. I guess they had trouble identifying me. I never had any identification issues with other credit card issuers.

Thanks for sharing. That's not as bad as I was imagining Smiley Happy I was always reluctant to apply for a US Bank card. I could never get anything to show on their pre-approval site and heard that everything is a manual review.

Congrats on your new card! That's a nice starting limit.

More than enough credit.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! I read in a previous thread that US Bank manually reviews all applications
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mind me asking what your scores are? Baddies, utilization, etc? I got a call last week from them asking if i wanted to apply for the very same card. 

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a California paid tax lien from 2011 showing on all three reports. Utilization was 12% at the time of applying. Score 694 pulled transunion for me in California. They matched the CL on my Amex BCE.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.