Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank prequalified offers solid?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US bank prequalified offers solid?

2-4 days usually.  unless verification then you might need to be proactive if you ahvent heard anything back in 5 days by automated line.. Had this happen to a few people I know personally

Message 11 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@galahad15 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

How long is their manual review process?  Like on a scale of Navy/PenFed to JCB/Banco do Brasil Americas?

I was able to call in and find out if I was approved 2 days after apping for my most recent Cash+ card.  (The US Bank CSR had specifically advised me during my application over the phone with them to call in after 2 days, upon which I received an automated message mentioning that I was approved.)

Thanks for the complete answer; that would test my patience (or lack thereof) but it's not unreasonable at all.  Just so accustomed to this age of instant decisions, even though I do remember the days of mailing in applications and waiting weeks.  So on my scale, it sounds like they would rate a "Bank of America" or "Discover," who in my experience have generally taken 48-72 hours for manual decisions.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

2-4 days usually.  unless verification then you might need to be proactive if you ahvent heard anything back in 5 days by automated line.. Had this happen to a few people I know personally

Sorry I didn't see your post because I was typing and trying in vain to make my joke work.  Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for the answer, also.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i got the same information from the CSR. i called this morning and he told me he has sent both of my applications for review and i should know the decision in 2 days time.

The automated phone status cannot retrieve my application it seems. so i will wait for them to let me know.

Message 13 of 16
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes i got the same information from the CSR. i called this morning and he told me he has sent both of my applications for review and i should know the decision in 2 days time.

The automated phone status cannot retrieve my application it seems. so i will wait for them to let me know.

When I applied for one of my cards, the automated phone status line could not retrieve my application as well. I called and they said they needed to verify my identity and then passed it on for final review. I called the automated phone status the next day and still got the same message that they could not retrieve my app.  I called back to speak to someone and they said that my app was approved.  So I would wait a day or so and call back and speak to someone to get status update.  I had applied for two cards as well, and the turnaround time was pretty quick about 36-48 hours. Good luck!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't speak as to how reliable their prequals are, but I too opened a checking account for the $200 bonus and apllied for the Cash+ about a month ago. I was approved for a 5k SL with an Experian of around 735, but didn't have a prequal (I'm under 21.) You can see what categories are available here https://cashplus.usbank.com/categories/index?quarterId=44. I hear that US bank likes doing business with people who are already there customers. So, if the categories fit your spending habits I would go for it.

Can you explain your approval process ? Thanks . I applied for cash + and the system said they will let me know in 7 to 10 business days. And their automated phone cannot locate my application when i type my ssn. It says we cannot retrieve or something like that. Weird. I guess i will call after some time. Was yours an instant approval?  If approved i am planning to switch my checking to gold so that i dont have to do dds to avoid feesSmiley Wink

Sorry for the late reply. They manually reviewed my application too when I had applied. I applied on a Monday evening and I called in the next day and found out that I was approved. I too switched my checking account to avoid the fees, but I opted for the for the no fee student checking instead.  

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my experience with the link and that Bank:

1. Customer service just blows my mind, seems like everyone i talk to is having a bad day

2. Doesn't matter what time of the day i call, it's always a 15 minute wait to talk to someone

2. Filled out the pre-qual boxes and got three CCs with a set APR.  I picked up the Cash+ with a $100 bonus after spending $500 in 90 days.  I started to meet the spending and decided to call and make sure the offer was in my account.  Well, to my surprise, it wasn't. They told me to send in screen shots (which i did) and still a no. Complaint with CFPB and they said that offer is for targeted audience...ok, so why is it on the website for everyone to apply?

Really bad bank, i think they leave that offer up there for people to join so US Bank makes money on new accounts, then they deny the offers hoping the customer will forget about it and stay.  It's not even about the $100 anymore, but the principle.  I don't like it when Banks (or anyone for that matter) takes advantage of people or lies about things.  I will be closing my accounts with US Bank as soon as my $29 payment clears.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.