Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank secured card data;an non- USbank secured CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US bank secured card data;an non- USbank secured CC

As a sidebar;

Some may disagree...that's fine. But I have one more secured card it's 8mo old I rolled my deposit over to it.

This will be my last secured card ...its with elan fin. So that should unsecure next yr. And be $5000. CL and qualify for visa Sig too after 12MO.😃

😵!!!fingers crossed again!!!😵

Let's see LOL...

Message 51 of 105
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
NichelleN-

THKS for checking in...and posting, I really don't know why the US bank CSR's are saying no HP for this???

But myfico member: Disabled-Vet has the right idea get it RECORDED...please post data points when you are free😃

Checking back in - I logged in today and noticed the change in account numbers. So, I called in to find out what card my secured card had been switched to. I was told it was a Platinum Visa (which I have no interest in). The customer service rep transferred me to underwriting where i was informed of a few things:

• He immediately said the only card they unsecure to is the Platinum. There is no option for other cards. I decided to let that go and follow up later.
  • In order to get the card I was already pre-qualified for I will have to apply separately and take a hard pull
  • If I don't want the Platinum card, I will just have to close it. Of course, he recommended applying for the new card first before closing the Platinum.
  • Contrary to what the customer service rep said, he stated there was a hard pull to unsecure the original card. Now, I do monitor my credit and have not received any alerts. But maybe I'll receive notification soon.

After hearing this info, I asked to speak with a supervisor. Since I originally spoke with customer service and not underwriting, he transferred me to a CS supervisor. This individual was very nice. He stated that the card agreement says that for any account change (credit limit increase, decrease, unsecuring), there will be a hard pull. However, he said that if I was told there was no HP, he would over ride the card agreement and have it removed. He is having the conversation reviewed and I will receive a letter in the mail.

Apparently, US Bank just bought another bank so it will be a few weeks before I hear back. I have no issue closing my savings, checking, money market and credit card account with them. I'd been strongly considering moving all of my banking to PenFed who have been nothing short of wonderful (checking, savings, car loan, $15K credit card starting limit). 

We'll see how this turns out. I still need to follow up on what it takes to move the Platinum to something else. If I can't do it, I'll just close it.

More than enough credit.
Message 52 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

NichelleN-

Sorry to here that...Did you ask for a CLI???

I ask because you may wanna get it near Siggy..territory what is the current limit???
Message 53 of 105
NichelleN
Established Contributor

MILOfico - no I didn't ask for a CLI. I called back and spoke with someone in underwriting who is looking into moving the card to the one I was already prequalified for.

This was worth a phone call for that and to get my secured deposit back. But I think I've now spent enough time on it. I'm not looking for new credit. Ive actually closed cards in the last week and will be closing 2 more. I have almost $200k in available credit so I need to keep things in check and manageable.

Thanks for the thread as I'm sure theee experiences can help someone else in the future.
More than enough credit.
Message 54 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohh....understood which US bank CC are you gonna PC to...

I assumed you was going for cash+ siggy 😇
Message 55 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, NichelleN...please update with HP removal info I may give them a call as well I was told I wouldn't get HP for unsecuring CC??

But they did..😞
Message 56 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Also, NichelleN...please update with HP removal info I may give them a call as well I was told I wouldn't get HP for unsecuring CC??

But they did..😞

OK, so my CK updated twice, it looks like one HP but I'm still gonna fight it...due to the fact the CSR said (NO HP) so I called in and had to speak with a sup. she claims this will take 2weeks to be investigated Smiley Indifferent

Message 57 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.Banks Name: Elan Financial

2.Secured amount: $5000.oo

3.How old is card:8MO.

4.Unsecure attempt:N/A

5.Graduation Time frame:N/A

6.Any CLI after gradaution:N/A

Place any notes here about unsecuring process:
Message 58 of 105
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But they did..😞

OK, so my CK updated twice, it looks like one HP but I'm still gonna fight it...due to the fact the CSR said (NO HP) so I called in and had to speak with a sup. she claims this will take 2weeks to be investigated Smiley Indifferent

Good for you for calling in for a supervisor. Interestingly enough, I have yet to have a hard pull show up on my reports. Maybe I'll be lucky in this situation.

More than enough credit.
Message 59 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

NichelleN-

I got brave after reading your post LoL😃...

Yea you maybe lucky...cause mines hit rite away my CK app. Sent alert ...strange looks like your in the clear though
Message 60 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.