cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank secured card data;an non- USbank secured CC

Established Member

Re: US bank secured card data;an non- USbank secured CC

1.Banks Name: USBank

2.Secured amount: Initially $5000  (Coming off a BK Ch7 12/2012 opened card couple months later)

3.How old is card: 59 Mos (yes almost 5 years!)

4.Unsecure attempt: Atempted 18mos(HP), 36mos(HP), 4.5 yrs No joy (NO HP).  After further digging as to why with underwriting I was informed that USBank requires 5 Years & 1 month since a BK before ANY unsecured is possible, so I figured wait the last 6 months and see if that was true or I would have just closed it.

5.Graduation Time frame: Sure enough 5 years 1 month 1 day after bk date, unsecured to USBank Platinum at same $5000 CL (HP-Yes).

6.Any CLI after gradaution: Have tons of credit now with many banks & CU's, really did not want anything more than my $5000 back.  It is a very vanilla card though with no benefit to be used, I will call to try and PC it to something more useful eventually.

Place any notes here about unsecuring process:

Message 101 of 104
Established Contributor

@TryItAgain

WoW, I thought I was the only US BANK 5g secured CC holder!!!! LOL thks for adding info very helpful!!!😃😄😃

Feels good to get 5000.oo cashiers check huh..

wells.jpg 2chase navychase east westchase us bankimg src=ChaseFreedom_F.inddC_DP7_EMV_MNLW_18-PID 257.epsnavy fedBCE&ED|Chase|NFCUcc&CLOC|WF|Cash+|ElanFin.|Dia'md prefer.|Gard'N since 6/23/2017|TOTAL CL$111.2K !!!NOIIICE!!!
Message 102 of 104
Frequent Contributor

When I went in to open my 5k secured account, I explained to the teller what I was doing and he wisely suggested that instead I open up a 3k and a 2k account to help boost AAoA (if you only have two accounts, he explained to my bewilderment, then the average is going to increase at the same rate no matter how many accounts you open).  So, I have two secured cards - one 2k and one 3k.  My nicknames for them in USBank.com are hopefully never revealed publicly.  But you're not alone!  Smiley Happy

I'm now trying to formulate my best angle of approach here.  I have spoken to UW a few times and they cannot assure me which bureau will be pulled, if any, if I will be approved for the product or CL I request, if at all or how many times they will do a hard pull, if any or that the account will be reported as continuous and not a new line altogether.  It's a bit maddening that they can't be a little more specific on the process but I am assured that every graduation request is reviewed by an "actual human" (opposed to all those fake humans you see running around lately).  

I really can

Starting FICOs: 629 EX, 654 EQ, 629TU (6/1/17)
Current FICOs: 628 EX, 682 EQ, 663 TU (12/1/17)
1st Goal FICOs: 720 EX, 720 EQ, 720 TU (12/1/18)
Message 103 of 104
Established Contributor

@Achieving

Thks...for contributing. That's a strategy I haven't looked in to...makes sense though
wells.jpg 2chase navychase east westchase us bankimg src=ChaseFreedom_F.inddC_DP7_EMV_MNLW_18-PID 257.epsnavy fedBCE&ED|Chase|NFCUcc&CLOC|WF|Cash+|ElanFin.|Dia'md prefer.|Gard'N since 6/23/2017|TOTAL CL$111.2K !!!NOIIICE!!!
Message 104 of 104