Valued Contributor

Re: US based customer service

All my cards except Amex. Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 17
scarzy
Regular Contributor

Any credit union credit card...

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 12 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

All my cards except Amex. Smiley Indifferent

Not true.

Many other banks use overseas rep as well.

Barclays and Citi for example.

And from my past and limited experiences, any Amex outsourced rep from any 3rd world country is most likely still better than Citi's US based reps.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 17
amakol
Regular Contributor

I've called for my Chase Freedom, Citi TYP, Discover It BofA Cash Rewards multiple times for each card and never once had someone outside of the US - if you trust the locations they say they're from before connecting.

I've actually been very pleased with every CCC I have. Some of the ones here with a not-so-great rep (Citi, BofA) were friendly, real people, made me feel great and got what I wanted done competently.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 14 of 17
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

With Chase I've always had US based service. With CapOne I've had both and with AMEX - well I can't really say. I've only called the number on the website and it was obviously an outsourced country but great customer service. There was no language barrier even though the person had an accent and they were very friendly and informative.

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 15 of 17
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Apinzon2374 wrote:
With Chase I've always had US based service. With CapOne I've had both and with AMEX - well I can't really say. I've only called the number on the website and it was obviously an outsourced country but great customer service. There was no language barrier even though the person had an accent and they were very friendly and informative.

Whenever I call IberiaBank customer service, they have an accent as well....SOUTHERN ! ! !  Good to know you'll likely talk to someone in Little Rock ! !Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:
Any idea which cards have them?

For PHONE CALLS, as others have mentioned, there's a variety of cards which provide USA based CSR's.  I know that whenever I talk to Discover, they ALWAYS announce where the call center is located, and I think they did that as well when my daughter and I were going through a student loan process for her. 

For EMAIL/CHAT CS, I think it's a different story.  On both Chase and AMEX, when I've sent secured messages (when that was available at AMEX), I usually got a response from someone off-shore.  Since AMEX has gone to chat, I'm not sure.  The structural language context of responses frequently indicate that they are also likely off-shore, but I don't know this as fact.  With AMEX and the AMEX Community, I'm only guessing that their reps are US based, and they seem to have the same group of reps that respond to questions or comments.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.